Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a full time Peer Support Specialist in Behavioral Health Young Adult for a day shift position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.61, more depending on experience.
The Peer Support Specialist is responsible for providing direct support and skills training to individuals experiencing mental and/or behavioral health issues. Responsible for working in collaboration with individuals, their families, and formal and informal community supports to identify strengths and barriers within that system. A strength-based, culturally aware approach is used that focuses on evidence-based early intervention strategies. The majority of work is community-based.
- Works as a member of a trans-disciplinary team by participating in weekly case review meetings, collaborative treatment planning, and supporting individual progress through integrated care.
- Assists peers in identifying and attending self-help and/or support groups or other long term peer support.
- Utilizes and teaches problem-solving techniques to individuals and groups. Monitors and follows-up on service plans with clients via telephone and home visits.
- Educates individuals about self-care and habits that can impact health. Coordinates patient transportation and accompaniment as needed to scheduled appointments.
- Assures patients receive appropriate and timely services by making referrals and motivating/teaching patients to seek care.
- Assist peers in building social skills in the community that build bridges for future employment.
- Documents, tracks and reports program data and statistics.
- Conducts outreach and collaboration with community social service agencies and health providers in order to improve patient access.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Life experience in mental and/or behavioral health care.
- Experience working with healthcare systems and multi-cultural communities preferred.
- Spanish language competency preferred.
- Works with young adults ages 13 – 25.
- Experience and expertise in working with homeless, runway, LGMT and/or otherwise disenfranchised your preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, and safe driving record required.
- Peer Support Specialist Certification(issued by Oregon Health Authority) required with 60 days of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required within 60 days of hire.
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI) training completed within 60 days of hire.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to openly address and acknowledge issues of substance use and mental illness.
- Peer Support Specialist training preferred.
Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time. Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less. Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.