Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a VP Patient Care Services/CNO - Peace Harbor for a Full Time, Day position.
In collaboration with the System Chief Nursing Officer, leads the community in the strategy, development, and service standards to support nursing, nursing practice and clinical applications. The CNO is accountable for the overall clinical outcomes, operations, personnel, and financial performance for the assigned areas consistent with PeaceHealth mission, values, and goals.
Defines standards for clinical nursing practice, quality, safety, and service. Provides direction for establishing and implementing organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures in addition to developing the care delivery model within the community as consistent with System CNO directives.
- Provide positive and goal directed visionary leadership for nursing caregivers .Establishes a caring and collaborative practice environment. Develop care delivery model with optimization of caregiver resources and staffing levels.
- Develop, in collaboration with nursing leadership and system nursing leadership, standards of care and practice for patient populations served. Lead, direct and administer key nursing services to ensure exceptional and compassionate care is delivered with efficient use of resource within the Network.
- Create strategic and operational plans that guarantee organizational viability and sound business practices.
- Collaborate with nursing staff, medical staff and other disciplines in the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services. Formulate strategies and/or initiatives, to advance clinical quality to achieve best practice in patient satisfaction, patient safety, and clinical outcomes
- Develop, implement, and manage operating and capital budgets, demonstrating effective stewardship of resources and achieving annual goals.
- Maintain and develop sounds financial management practices and productivity improvements in community operations.
- Contribute to leadership education and professional development of caregivers, students, and colleagues through the sharing of knowledge and skills as a role model/mentor. Implement mechanisms to ensure that qualified, competent caregivers are selected and appropriately trained.
- Provide leadership to develop, promote, and implement a nursing professional practice environment. Identify key quality indicators for monitoring and evaluating patient care performance.
- Participate in the strategic and long-range planning of the organization. Provide leadership in determining clinical and organizational goals and develops processes to achieve these goals.
- Work in concert with Human Resources to develop labor management strategies. Serve as a key member of labor management teams and collective bargaining negotiations.
- Ensure assigned services are in compliance with all standards and regulations set by local, state, federal and other regulatory agencies.
- Ensure departmental, program and operational compliance/accountability of leadership and caregivers within Nursing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s in nursing, Nursing Administration, or Health Care Administration required. If MS is in other than nursing, must possess a BSN.
- PhD or Doctorate of Nursing Practice is preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years progressively responsible nursing leadership required.
- Five (5) years progressive executive level leadership experience in a 150 plus bed Magnet designated hospital and/or medical group/ambulatory experience preferred.
- Previous CNO experience preferred.
- Demonstrated positive collaboration and communication with physicians, peers and system leaders i
- Experience with process and performance improvement in operations, quality and organizational change using lean principles. Lean Leader training and certification is preferred
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
- Strong leadership experience demonstrated through proactive and facilitative style
- Strong background in professional nursing practice principles, systems and structures (e.g. shared governance, nursing research, EBP,).
- Experience leading in a collective bargaining environment- active participation in union negotiations preferred.
- Experience achieving magnet status is preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of practice required.
- Certification as Nursing Executive within 18 months or FACHE.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Excellent skills in employee development and relations, and medical staff collaboration, are required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of healthcare practices.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Absolute dedication to customer satisfaction.
- Understands concepts of systems thinking and organizational improvement that improve outcomes
- Has broad based understanding of key business fundamentals within the healthcare industry
- Understands the drivers of financial health and viability of the organization.
- Must have demonstrated excellent leadership skills and be a focused, results-oriented individual, willing to take the initiative in a constantly changing environment.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.