Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for Planning & Design services for inpatient and outpatient capital improvement projects authorized by the hospital. Exercises significant influence in relevant program, project, and policy. Accountable for review and development of policies, coordination with operations and facilities, review and monitoring of design changes and assurance of design consistency and the highest standards of quality. In accordance with the architectural design principals, coordinates and manages design user groups during the design phase of major capital projects.
- Assists in establishing goals, milestones, and budgets with the System Vice President of Planning & Development.
- Establishes and manages the department budget within the guidelines and parameters established by the budget office mutually agreed to by the System Vice President of Planning & Development.
- Prepares materials and participates as necessary with the Board of Directors, SLT, and other high-level meetings.
- Works with the Facilities group in maintaining policies and procedures throughout the life of projects.
- Utilizes best management practices in managing projects within the capital plan in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Assures compliance with applicable laws and standards of good practice governing the safety of hospital and outpatient facilities.
- Works to increase the overall effectiveness of the department services and success.
- Reviews, refines, and implements strategic facilities plans.
- Develops, reviews, revises, and approves invoices for architects, engineers, and design vendors for assigned capital project contracts.
- Assists facilities and operations to develop a set of standards for design excellence. Designs and develops a process to measure customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management or equivalent professional experience in the design and construction of hospitals and medical clinics.
- Seven years of architectural or construction experience with large, multi-phase projects of increasing complexity within the healthcare industry required.
- Five years related leadership experience required.
- Ability to budget, make financial projections and write reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with widely diverse groups, including individuals at all levels both within and outside the organization and gain their cooperation.
- Ability to handle potentially sensitive situations by applying consultative skills in working with internal and external constituent groups.
- Ability to plan, organize, motivate, mentor, direct and evaluate the work of others.
- Ability to prioritize work by making informed judgments and to develop solutions for complex problems.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, fiscal and personnel management.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.