This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 12000
Location: Bellingham, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: Variable
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant - Endocrinology for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $19.36 for new grad MA and $24.00 for new grad LPN, more depending on experience.
*** $3500.00 Sign-On Bonus for MA's *** *** $4000.00 Sign-On Bonus for LPN's *** *** Relocation assistance may be available for this position.
In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
* Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
* Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
* May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
* May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
* May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
* May transport specimens.
* Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
* Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
* Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
* State of Washington Medical Assistant –certified licensure required.
* State of Washington Medical Assistant – Interim Certified credential accepted. Caregiver must obtain Medical Assistant- Certified (Non-Interim) credential within 12 months of date of issuance of interim credential by the State of Washington.
* National Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) preferred.
* For clinic locations where caregiver will be performing both Medical Assistant and Diagnostic Technician functions:
* Current Limited X-Ray licensure/permit in state of practice required at date of hire.
* Must meet qualifications and perform essential functions of Diagnostic Technician job profile in addition to those for the Medical Assistant.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Technical Program
Education equivalent experience:
* Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant program is required. An approved educational program/course of study that allows caregiver to sit for the MA certification exam will be considered (e.g. Associates degree in Allied Health).
* Basic Life Support
* WA State MA Certification/Registration
-Minimum of one year of experience in a medical office preferred.
-Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
-Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
-Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members.
-Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment. Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred.
-Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks.
-Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
-Understand the principles of asepsis if applicable.
Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily. (Certain locations may) Requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR). (Certain locations may) Requires the use of an N-95 mask Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less. Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time). Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.