PeaceHealth is seeking a Security Officer for a Full Time, Variable position. The Security Officer is responsible for providing safety and security services which requires regular interactions with patients, visitors, caregivers, and clinicians in highly diverse and complex situations. Interacts with local law enforcement to provide information, clarification of events and coordinate emergency protocols. Performs internal and external security patrol of assigned hospitals and/or clinics; dispatch; and access control as assigned. Hourly compensation starts at $19.37, more depending on experience.
Details of the position:
- Provides safety and security services which includes; patrolling grounds, parking lots, buildings, securing entryways and exits, etc. to effectively address potential conduct issues, violations of policy, check for property damage, inspect safety issues, inspect certain safety features such as fire extinguishers or water valves, respond to all codes, address trespassing concerns, provides assistance with out of control patients, and utilizes electronic checkpoints.
- Provides stand-by service or escort services for protection of caregivers or patients as needed.
- Provides non-violent physical crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques to neutralize extreme situations and mitigate negative outcomes.
- Coordinates information, clarification of events and emergency protocols which may require collaboration with external safety and law enforcement agencies.
- Responds to all emergency situations and applies appropriate protocols for the Code, Disaster (command center), ETO Exposure, Fire, Flood, Hazardous spills, and all code situations.
- May assist flight crew and ground crew with Life Flight/Airlift NW transports and securing landing the pad.
- Successfully pass Taser Training Program with the Longview Police Department within 1 year of hire .After successful completion of orientation period and Taser Training Program officers will be required to carry the taser while on duty.
- Qualified (police background check) and trained with the police Department’s ADA ticket program
- Successfully completes the non-violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) course during orientation and renews training as outlined in policy.
What you bring:
- Minimum of two (2) years , military or civilian security or law enforcement experience is required.
- Healthcare facility security experience is preferred.
- Ability to formulate a plan of action, carry it out with control and apply crisis intervention and de-escalation skills
- Good physical condition to walk, run and lift as needed
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Teams, Word, and Excel
- Acceptable driving record in accordance with the PeaceHealth Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
- BLS Certification upon hire.
- Valid state Driver’s License
- IAHSS (International Assoc. for Healthcare Security & Safety) Basic certification required within 45 days of employment.
- If assigned location requires the use of tasers, successfully pass Taser Training Program. After successful completion of Taser Training Program officers will be required to carry the taser while on duty.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, contact Joy, Jwatterson@peacehealth.org
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.