**This position is eligible for a $1,500 sign-on bonus!**
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Central Supply Technician - Supply Chain for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. The Central Supply Technician is responsible for cleaning equipment as well as distribution of equipment and supplies using clean technique standards according to AAMI. Monitors and orders non-stock and special orders supplies. Will perform receiving responsibilities as necessary. Hourly compensation starts at $16.82, more depending on experience.
Details of the position:
- Responsible for the collection of contaminated equipment and instruments from floors.
- Re-stocking inventory and non-stock supplies, performs monthly outdate process and documentation.
- Cleaning equipment and stores in a clean environment on floors.
- Clean and maintain department equipment, such as pumps, etc
- Assembles some specialized trays for procedures and distributes them as appropriate.
- Ensures proper shelving labels are in place. Responsible for Par Management on assigned units.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Completion of or currently enrolled in a National Central Service Technician course and/or six months experience as a Central Service Technician is preferred.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications in English required.
- Ability to work independently and strong organizational skills are required.
- Ability to maintain numerical order of supplies is required.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion to include prolonged periods of standing from 67% - 100% of work time.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids less than 1 time per month. Work may require exposure to hazardous chemicals or sharp instruments.
- Work is of average to high stress levels. Requires intense concentration 90% of the time. Work may be frequently interrupted and be performed with time pressure.
- PPE required includes gloves, gown, mask, hair cover and show covering.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.