PeaceHealth RiverBend Medical Center in Springfield, Oregon is seeking a Nuclear Medicine Technologist for a Per Diem/Relief, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $36.88, more depending on experience, plus a 15% per diem differential. Click here to learn more about PeaceHealth RiverBend Medical Center.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Perform all routine and specialized nuclear medicine procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information.
Details of the position:
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self, staff and patient. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Maintain records of receipt, dispensing and disposal of radioactive materials. Maintain records of equipment quality control, radiation monitoring and surveys.
- Operates computer and nuclear medicine equipment for data acquisition, reconstruction and documentation of images and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Prepare, supply and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Prepares, calibrates and administers radiopharmaceuticals according to protocol.
- Provide patient education and instruction prior to and after examination.
- Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduate of accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology program or equivalent required.
- NMTCT or ARRT eligible; CNMT or ARRT(NM) certification required within 6 months of hire. May work under OBMI temporary license pending certification.
- Registered with the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI). Must maintain active registry with the state of Oregon OBMI.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider card from American Heart Association.
- Minimum of one year prior experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth, development and life stages to meet each patient’s need.
- Demonstrated venipucture competency.
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required. ImageCast/CareCast experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
About the community:
Springfield is located at the southern end of the Willamette Valley, also known as Oregon wine country. Two rivers run through the community, the Willamette River, and McKenzie River. Bike, walk or run the Middle Fork Path along the Willamette river, or spend the day fishing on the McKenzie river. Springfield has a flourishing downtown and fast becoming a must visit for its culinary experience! Immersed in art, take the outdoor mural tour, or stay inside at the Emerald Art Center. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.