Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a full time Clinic Medication Assistant in Family Practice for a day shift position. Hourly compensation starts at $16.32, more depending on experience.
The Clinic Medication Assistant is responsible for performing administrative and technical support tasks to assist the clinic physicians in providing pharmaceutical care/medication management to their patients.
- Responds to requests from patients and pharmacies on prescription refills and order clarifications. Communicates with physicians all requests from patients regarding medication changes, reactions and effectiveness.
- Processes prescription refills based on department protocols.
- Works under the direction of the physician to monitor/manage compliance of patient medication agreements/contracts. This includes:
- verifying that refill requests are within the scope of the agreement.
- reporting all early refill requests or other compliance issues to patient’s Care Team.
- working with Care Teams on compliance verification lab orders.
- Obtains prescription pre-authorizations as required by insurance carriers. Alerts physicians to insurance requirements. Provides information to physicians on alternative medications within insurance guidelines.
- Provides patient instruction and enrollment assistance with Prescription Assistance programs and SunRx. Helps to identify patients who would benefit from these programs. Works with patients and Prescription Assistance programs to verify patient eligibility for the program and specific medications. Enrolls patients in SunRx program.Prints SunRX card.
- Schedules Pharmaceutical Rep. for sample appointments. Verifies that sample medications accepted into the Clinics are within JACHO guidelines. Monitors sample inventory. Monitors medication expiration dates.
- Enters prescription/medication information into medical record. Works directly with MOA and Physicians to ensure accuracy of medications.
- Works with RN Care Manager to provide continuity of care for patients who are on the RN Care Manager’s panel. Communicates concerns regarding medications, refills and any noncompliance issues.
- Performs medication reconciliations on Short Stay, Surgery, Home Health and Hospice patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of one year experience as MOA, Pharmacy Clerk or Pharmacy Technician preferred.
- Demonstrated customer services experience required.
- Must have CPT (Certified Pharmacy Tech), MOA certification or Pharrmacy technician licensure upon hire.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills including MS Office applications.
- Attention to detail, accuracy.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.