Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Patient Navigator - Community Cancer Center for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for the coordination of specific Cancer Program patients. In collaboration with the Medical Director(s), referring physician and interdisciplinary team(s), the Patient Navigator coordinates disease specific multidisciplinary conference; subsequent specialty consultations; and provides care as needed for patients and their families utilizing resources efficiently and effectively.
Coordinates the development and performance of specialty service educational activities, program evaluation and outcomes research.
- Assist patients and families in understanding their diagnosis, treatment options, and the resources available, including educating eligible patients about appropriate clinical research studies and technologies.
- Develop and coordinate clinical guidelines of practice in specialty area.
- Act as a single point of contact for patients and families including telephone triage regarding symptom management.
- Follow patients through the continuum of care, in collaboration with key stakeholders in the treatment plans.
- Develop patient education programs and tools. Reinforce patient education and direct patients and families to available resources and supportive services.
- Ensure patients receive a treatment plan that is understandable and feasible.
- Assess for clinical, emotional, spiritual, psychosocial, financial and other patient/family needs.
- Coordinate timely scheduling of tests, procedures, specialty appointments and treatments.
- Initiate referrals (both internal and external) to community resources.
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary planning conferences; develop concise patient summaries for use by the care team and document recommendations made utilizing standardized care protocols in accordance with nationally recognized care guidelines. Collaborate and follow-up with the multidisciplinary tumor conference recommendations.
- Facilitate research and participation in clinical trials.
- Facilitate quality improvement initiatives. Works closely with cancer registry staff to collect date, track outcomes and support strategic planning processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience in nursing including two years of oncology as appropriate to work setting
- Management and/or program development experience desirable.
- Must be able to work in a self-directed environment.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing
- OCN certification preferred.
- BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications
- Insight into the roles and responsibilities of the interdisciplinary team members
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Occasional exposure to radiation but well within standards for healthcare providers.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.