Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth SHMC at Riverbend is seeking a Clinical Exercise Physiologist - Cardiac Rehab for a Part Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $23.42, more depending on experience.
Springfield is located at the southern end of the Willamette Valley, also known as, Oregon wine country. Two rivers run through the community, the Willamette River, and McKenzie River. Bike, walk or run the Middle Fork Path along the Willamette river, or spend the day fishing on the McKenzie river. Springfield has a flourishing downtown and fast becoming a must visit for it’s culinary experience! Immersed in art, take the outdoor mural tour, or stay inside at the Emerald Art Center. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play.
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend is a state-of-the-art regional medical center. On the leading edge of evidence-based hospital design, and creating a patient-centered, healing environment with a strong focus on quality clinical outcomes and patient safety.
PeaceHealth offers outstandingBenefits!
See how PeaceHealth is committed toInclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
Responsible for providing direct patient care to individuals participating in inpatient or outpatient cardiac, pulmonary and vascular rehabilitation programs. May also work in exercise stress testing laboratory or in other clinical settings where exercise training has been shown to be of therapeutic benefit. Collaborates with physicians and other health care team members to develop, implement, and monitor the patient’s therapy program.
What you will do:
- Conducts individualized initial patient interview and assessment, collects patient medical history and develops individualized treatment plan for comprehensive cardiac or pulmonary rehabilitation program.
- Case manages entire cardiac rehabilitation program for individual patients. Implements, modifies and supervises therapeutic program for patients and family members. Assesses and re-assesses patient throughout the program to modify plan of care. Maintains appropriate clinical records and consistently documents data in the appropriate area.
- Develops safe and appropriate exercise prescriptions for diverse patient population with multiple co-morbidities. Collaborates with other health care team members regarding continuity of care, but capable of working independently and making high level clinical decisions on complex and high-risk patients with chronic disease.
- Provides patient counseling on test results and procedures, and instructs patients on home exercise programs, risk factors and other behavior modification.
- Develops and implements educational programs for patients and families.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year degree program in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, or related field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in related field preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Two to three years of experience preferred. Previous experience in cardiovascular rehabilitation services preferred.
- Current state licensure as applicable.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS certification required within one year of hire.
- Certification by the American College of Sports Medicine as a Clinical Exercise Physiologist (CEP) or Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist (RCEP).
- Must have knowledge in cardiac rehabilitation phase I, II and III.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge in exercise physiology, cardiovascular pathophysiology and cardiovascular disease testing and treatments.
- Strong skillset in ECG/arrhythmia recognition.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills with emphasis on follow through with customer requests/needs.
- Work requires active physical exertion 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.