Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Employee Health for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position.
Establishes standards of practice in occupational health and works with the employee safety manager to ensure responsible management of employee health concerns.
- Conducts post-offer immunization screenings, evaluates accident and illness incident reports, and assesses needs for education and immunizations according to specific job classifications.
- Investigates and manages exposures to blood borne pathogens as well as other exposures to contagious diseases utilizing, comprehensive case management approach.
- Maintains programs and services as required to remain in compliance with OSHA and JCAHO standards and mandates.
- Participates in developing patient care aspects of onsite programs including development and implementation of policies and procedures to maintain the program.
- Assists in the development and implementation of new policies and programs and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Responsible for infectious disease prevention, surveillance and post exposure treatment and follow up.
- Conducts new hire medical screening; TB screening; immunization of healthcare workers against specific illnesses.
- Maintains confidential healthcare worker medical files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of practice required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Minimum of three years of current nursing practice required, preferably in an acute care setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in OSHA regulations, occupational safety, occupational exposure management, injury/illness intervention and case management
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer: proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Public speaking and community education program development and presentations
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 25 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.