Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Home Care Case Manager - Home Health for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $39.99, more depending on experience.
Responsible for providing direct skilled nursing care through the coordination/management of patients admitted to home care utilizing the professional healthcare process of assessment and plan of care development to achieve the desired patient outcomes.
- Perform and utilize the OASIS data collection tool at the various stages of a patient’s care in determining initial and ongoing skilled need.
- Direct and/or coordinate the multidisciplinary team to achieve desired patient outcomes supported through the discharge process.
- Ensure that all documentation of specific care and/or care coordination meets regulatory compliance and time frames. This includes, but is not limited to: HHA Supervision/POC update; weekly wound measurement; IC and/or Fall notes completed; delegations; etc.
- Revise/update the POC as assessment findings are identified through collaboration with the MD and patient/caregiver.
- Based upon assessment findings, develop a patient specific POC which includes interventions that are identified as the tools used to accomplish the measurable and time specific goals that achieve the desired outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective episode management as noted through comparison of episode outcomes with industry standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years in a home health setting or recent experience that demonstrates ability to perform Case Manager Responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply home health regulatory guidelines.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Well organized, flexible and able to function independently.
- Cooperative working skills, leadership skills, and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families and staff.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- This role is part of the bargaining unit and governed by the terms of the applicable collective bargaining contract.
PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS – EUGENE:
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.