Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Cytotechnologist - Pathology for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $35.74, more depending on experience.
Spotlight on Vancouver - YouTube
The Cytotechnologist evaluates cytological specimens for acceptability; utilizes established cytomorphologic criteria in conformance with state and federal regulatory guidelines and provides diagnostic interpretation. Works under general guidance of the Cytology Technical Specialist/Supervisor and Pathologist.
- Evaluates specimens from different anatomic sites, utilizing appropriate criteria and upholds established performance standards. Understands and applies established cytomorphologic criteria for Gynecologic and Non-Gynecologic evaluations.
- Assures quality standards are applied for the preparation, processing and evaluation of all specimens. Performs quality control rescreening. Assures accuracy and proper functioning of all equipment by routine inspection, maintenance and quality control procedures.
- Consults with clinicians, supervisor and other caregivers as appropriate on test results, specimen requirements and testing protocols.
- Assists with investigating, updating and implementing new methods in cytology, and developing/testing new protocols.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate records for specimens, slides and data. Utilizes computer systems in reporting and documenting results.
- Participates in department in-services and continuing education programs, attending lectures, workshops and video presentation as required.
- May perform CAP (College of American Pathologists) compliance duties to include: periodic record reviews; equipment and test validation; development and maintenance of policy, procedure and guidance documents; proficiency testing and competency management; CAP inspection preparation, assessment and follow up; and technical and procedural advisement and referral.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Three (3) years related experience preferred.
- Licensed Cytotechnologist, ASCP
- Working knowledge of collection and test requirements and factors affecting test interpretation in responding to inquires
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office programs
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.