Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Radiology Technologist Special Procedures - Cath Lab for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $39.62, more depending on experience.
Provides patient services to a wide range of patient ages from neonates to geriatric patients using imaging modalities; performs angiographic and cardiac catheterization procedures; applies principles of radiation protection; evaluates images for technical quality; exercises professional judgment in the performance of procedures; provides patient care essential to procedures; recognizes patient conditions immediate action and initiates life support measures; maintains knowledge current with developing requiring technology.
- Conducts examinations for diagnostic interpretation, evaluates procedures, and makes recommendations for improvement. Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam. Evaluates patient information for potential risk factors
- Initiates investigation of incidents when immediate action is required; otherwise refers for further evaluation to department leadership.
- Provides patient services using imaging modalities; performs examinations, assists in procedures; applies principles of radiation protection; evaluates images for technical quality; recognizes patient conditions requiring immediate action and initiates life support measures; maintains knowledge of current/developing technology.
- Administers ionizing radiation for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. Performs angiographic and cardiac catheterization procedures.
- Administers contrast agents as required by specified procedures under the direction of a qualified physician.
- Prepares supplies and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provide patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff & students as indicated.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self, staff and patient. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
- Perform surgical x-ray examinations utilizing appropriate radiation safety measures and adhering to AORN standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology required.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Appropriate knowledge of radiologic principles, physics, anatomy, physiology, positioning and related medical terminology.
- Minimum of one year prior experience preferred prior in general imaging field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's need
- PACS/RIS knowledge required. ImageCast/CareCast experience preferred
- Licensure/Certification/Registration to practice in trained modality as required by the State.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Ability to work with basic office equipment such as telephones, photocopier, facsimiles, computers, etc.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Registered with the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI). Must maintain active registry with the state of Oregon OBMI.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.