Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Professional Practice Leader - Nurse Residents for a Full Time, Night position.
The Professional Practice Leader is a key resource for the promotion and maintenance of professional standards of practice, research, education, and professional development. In collaboration with all members of the Nursing Leadership, provides transformational leadership, consultation, guidance, and supports improvement strategies related to their care areas including but not limit to supporting expert resource nurses working with registered nurses who have less than 12 months experience as a licensed registered nurse at the bedside, providing coaching, mentorship, education, and professional development for the assigned workforce; engaging the expert resource nurse to ensure novice and advanced beginner nurses are advancing through Benner’s model, practicing to the full scope of their practice, and ensuring reinforcement of classroom and clinical content learned in the Nurse Residency program; serving as a resource for evidence-based practice for the expert resource nurse and novice or advance beginner nurse. Helps facilitate and support interdisciplinary relationships.
Engages the nursing staff to practice to the full scope of their professional practice. Serves as a resource for evidence-based practice for the nursing staff. Conducts daily rounds highlighting and prioritizing unmet patient needs. Serves as an advanced generalist. Provides a catalyst for improving the quality and safety of patients, as well as the patient experience. Provides responsiveness to changes in patient care work and develops standardized workflows to improve the work environment and clinical outcomes. Deliverables result in practical, significant and measurable improvements in quality, safety, and efficiency of patient care on assigned units. Serves as an advanced generalist.
- Conducts daily rounds on expert resource nurses and novice or advanced beginner nurses, providing in the moment teaching, addressing concerns and fears related to practice.
- Works at the point of care delivery supporting expert resource nurses to transfer knowledge to novice or advanced beginner nurses to apply in practice.
- Role models professional behaviors of nursing practice aligned with ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice and Nurse Practice Act. Serves as a mentor to expert resource nurses.
- Provides oversight for continuous innovation in the areas of clinical quality, safety, care coordination, patient/family education and the patient experience. Builds capacity for clinical inquiry and performance improvement in the nursing staff.
- Serves as primary resource for the unit expert resource nurse, and to other nursing personnel, physicians, and other members of the patient care team as needed.
- If supporting the Nurse Residency Program, participates in review of program data collection and outcomes in conjunction with Nurse Residency Nurse Manager, Program Manager- Preceptor Development, and Nurse Residency Program Coordinator. Collates feedback from expert resource nurses to help revise and enhance expert resource nurse role for continued sustainability.
- Integrates the nursing model and components of the model into a cohesive framework consistent in all essential role functions and interactions with patients and staff. Communicates and collaborates with all members of the healthcare team to actualize the care delivery model.
- Ensures the integration of the nursing Professional Practice model and components of the model into a cohesive framework consistent in all essential role functions and interactions with patients and staff. Communicates and collaborates with all members of the healthcare team to actualize the care delivery model.
- Compares system-wide, facility-wide and unit-specific data against established benchmarks and targets. Collects additional data through medical record reviews, audits and interviews.
- Model, monitor and support compliance with organizational and unit/ department based policies and procedures.
Participates in one or more of PeaceHealth’s Clinical Excellence Initiatives, researching evidence-based practices and creating or updating policies, procedures, guidelines or nursing standards of care.
- Serves as change agent engaging intra- and interprofessional groups in problem-solving, team building, and incorporating changes in individual and organizational needs.
- Participates in the interview process for new nursing staff to the unit, using quality matching techniques to identify top candidates for the position. Provides input to the Nurse Manager during selection of final
- Assists in identifying needs of the unit to assure quality care outcomes and seeks to maximize productive use of resources.
- Assesses gaps in knowledge, skills and attitudes (KSA) and provides discipline specific training solutions working with clinical leads, expert resource nurses, mentors, preceptors, and caregivers to improve knowledge, skill and attitudes.
- Provides in the moment coaching at the point of care to resource RN’s.
- Assesses and ensure the competency in relevant areas of the expert resource RNs.
- Collaborates with the Nurse Residency Nurse Manager, Program Manager- Preceptor Development, and Clinical Educator to identify and assess practice gaps. Suggests clinical practice components to incorporate into orientation, ongoing training, and competency assessment.
- Identifies problem areas in the delivery of patient care to facilitate optimal patient outcomes and seeks resources/consultation to ensure the delivery of safe patient care.
- Contributes to professional growth of peers by providing feedback through peer coaching and evaluation.
- Performs other administrative and supervisory duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Required unless otherwise stated
- Master of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited school is required upon hire.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in Medical-Surgical nursing, Intensive Care or specialty nursing in an acute care setting.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive leadership experience required.
- Previous preceptor experience required.
- Demonstrates competence in area of expertise.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills including effective listening.
- Ability to effectively communicate clinical information.
- Ability to apply all aspects of the nursing process and care management principles.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships to deliver optimal care and enhance outcomes.
- Strong analysis/problem solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint) required.
- Flexible schedule.
- Strong organization/critical thinking skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills to include ability to document, evaluate and manage patient outcomes.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.