Supervise the clinical liaisons across the system providing clinical oversight, training and implementation of processes and procedures.
- Builds a cohesive and functional Clinical Liaison team and maintain a work environment that reflects a positive atmosphere, high employee satisfaction, competence and strong evidence of teamwork. Oversees the implementation of efficient and effective processes by streamlining and aligning to home and community goals. Ensures accountability to clinical excellence and customer service in support of our hospitals.
- Develops training, educational tools and resources for the clinical liaisons related to care transitions for home health and hospice. Provides clinical oversight, feedback and shadowing of liaisons in their roles in the hospital.
- Administers home and community policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with regulations and standards. Assists staff in understanding/implementing organizational policies and procedures while also conducting annual assessments for the clinical liaisons to ensure that they are meeting expectations.
- Communicates and schedules standing meetings with care management leadership across the system to provide support and a positive working relationship with an emphasis on clinical excellence and customer service.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum of three years of hospice, inpatient or home health nursing experience.
- Previous management, discharge planning or hospice care placement experience preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required upon hire.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analysis/problem solving skills.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to work independently or as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to teach.
- Knowledge of nursing processes and practices.
- Knowledge of patient care needs in a hospice/home care environment.
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. Employees of PeaceHealth embrace the spirit of these words and share our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care and are willing to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class.It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.