Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a passionate Registered Nurse to join our Medical Staff department as a RN Peer Review Coordinator for a Full Time, Day position. This position will investigate and review reports and medical charts to determine appropriateness of patient care that would warrant a physician peer review. Maintain oversight of the case review process, including preparing case summaries and timelines, follow-up with reviewers, and tracking trends, to ensure a robust review in alignment with Medical Staff bylaws. Facilitate case review meetings and presenting data with the goal of educating an engaged Medical Staff and in the spirit of transparency.
**Relocation assistance available**
CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
Springfield is located at the southern end of the Willamette Valley, also known as Oregon wine country. Two rivers run through the community, the Willamette River, and McKenzie River. Bike, walk or run the Middle Fork Path along the Willamette River, or spend the day fishing on the McKenzie River. Springfield has a flourishing downtown and fast becoming a must visit for its culinary experience! Immersed in art, take the outdoor mural tour, or stay inside at the Emerald Art Center. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play.
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend is a state-of-the-art regional medical center. On the leading edge of evidence-based hospital design, and creating a patient-centered, healing environment with a strong focus on quality clinical outcomes and patient safety.
WHAT YOU WILL LOVE ABOUT THIS POSITION:
- Partnering with multi-specialty Medical Staff departments, physicians and leaders.
- Using your clinical expertise to uncover and share learning opportunities with providers and highlight opportunities for system improvement.
- Collaborating with a high functioning team of peer review coordinators in the pursuit of providing superior patient care.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Serve as a resource specialist to Medical Staff regarding all peer review case analyses.
- Create design of plan for peer review access database by defining and facilitating all enhancements working closely with Data Administrator.
- Gather, analyze, and present performance data to identify opportunities for improvements related to key objectives. Implements and integrates system and community process improvements .in support of Peer Review process.
- Develop and present imaging and all electronic patient records needed for case discussions
- Perform case summaries to reflect technical, procedural, medical, surgical and system concerns to support quality care objectives.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with hospital and medical staff leaders.
- Develop and prepare reports and presentations on clinical outcome reviews for Medical Staff Committees, MEC and the Board.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Associate Degree in Nursing required.
- Bachelors’ degree strongly preferred with focus on analytics or informatics
- Masters’ degree preferred.
- Two years of Quality Improvement project management and/or change management experience required.
- Two years peer review coordination/experience required.
- Prior clinical acute care case management experience preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse License required.
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Project management skills required.
- Knowledge of DNV (or equivalent), CMS and Department of Health standards preferred.
- Basic statistical experience required; must be able to operationalize statistical and database concepts.
- Multi-specialty nursing background preferred.
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous Relocation Assistance
- Great shift differentials
- Medical and Dental, Vision, Retirement, and Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- PTO with no waiting period
- Professional practice support
- Collaborative team environment
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.