PeaceHealth is seeking a Polysomnographic Technologist - Sleep Center for a Full Time, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $28.34, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Works under the general supervision of the clinical director (M.D., D.O., or PhD) or designee to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. This may involve polysomnography, diagnostic and therapeutic services or patient care and education. A Polysomnographic Technologist can perform the duties defined for a Polysomnographic Technician and may provide oversight of other staff.
Spotlight on Vancouver - YouTube
Details of the position:
- Administers bedtime, morning, and quality assurance questionnaires to aid in patient evaluation.
- Collects, analyzes and integrates patient information in order to identify and meet the patient specific needs (Physical/mental limitations, current emotional/physiological status regarding the testing procedure, pertinent medical/social history), and to determine final testing parameters/procedures in conjunction with the ordering physician or clinical director and laboratory protocols.
- Document routine observations, including sleep stages and clinical events, changes in procedure, and other significant events in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of polysomnographic results.
- Oversees and performs difficult and unusual procedures and therapeutic interventions. Recognize sleep/wake stages and events by applying professionally accepted guidelines Demonstrate the ability to analyze complex situations and apply policy.
- Performs equipment set up, calibration, and patient hookup in a timely and efficient manner and according to department procedures.
- Respond to study participant’s procedural-related inquires by providing appropriate information to testing procedure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Associates degree in related health sciences preferred
- RPSGT certification
- Basic Life Support certification
- Experienced Polysomnographic Technologist – high level of sleep disorder work experience
- Experience in clinical interaction with patients, co-workers and medical staff which demonstrates the following skills:
- Ability to maintain composure with multiple workloads and demands due to the patient’s condition and difficult testing environment.
- Extremely vigilant and detailed orientated.
- Ability work alone and independently but able to maintain department protocols.
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Jennifer at, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.