PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Clinic - Cardiology for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $38.56, more depending on experience.
Provide and coordinate patient care through an episode or across the continuum of care to achieve the best possible outcomes, meet individual needs and optimize quality of care while containing costs. Perform the primary function of an RN in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of patients in the clinic.
- Provide patient care and case management to include meeting the established standards of nursing practice in the management of assigned patients. Function as a case manager for defined population. Coordinate office visits, clinic space and exam rooms. Implement nursing and medical interventions using appropriate resources, skills and knowledge. Make appropriate referrals and provide patient and family teaching to facilitate desired patient outcomes. Evaluate effects of care provided and identify changes in patient condition.
- Provide assessment and planning to include assessing, interpreting and recording appropriate documentation. Assess clinical pathway and identify patient care situations that require intervention and education needs. Develop plan of care for assigned patients. Prioritize plan and work with physicians. Identify and arrange continuum of care support. Perform and document age-appropriate assessment, including patient/family level of participation and ability to perform care according to identified standards. Assess bio-psycho-social status, economical, environmental, cultural, spiritual, community and other factors affecting the patient’s optimal health. Establish and maintain a treatment plan of care in collaboration with physician, patient, family and health team members including individualized interventions, goals, outcomes and education and modify or continue plan based on the patient response.
- Perform medication administration to include consistently adhering to medication administration policies and procedures. Demonstrate understanding of effects/side effects and combination effects of medications. Resolve medication discrepancies as they occur.
- Perform general duties to include maintaining a working knowledge of infection control, risk management and emergency preparedness plans. Actively participate in performance improvement initiatives. Demonstrate knowledge of hospital, interdepartmental and unit goals, standards and operations. 5. Provide patient and family education to include identifying patient and family teaching needs. Involve appropriate family members in teaching. Utilize available education resources.
- Perform effective communication and documentation by communicating and documenting interventions, patient responses according to standards. Utilize recognized organization communication standard. Keep abreast of and comply with departmental and organizational changes and events through reading appropriate communications and attending unit and assigned meetings.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- Minimum two years professional nursing experience in an outpatient health care/clinic environment utilizing Cardiology and IV skills (or equivalent combination of education and/or experience).
- Experience in outpatient Cardiology Clinic preferred.
- WA State RN Licensure Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required upon hire.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate clinical information.
- Proven leadership skills. Strong analysis/problem solving skills.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Computer skills. Ability to remain calm in an emergent situation. Ability to teach. Knowledge of nursing processes and practices.
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and bodily fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.