This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13674
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Biomed Imaging Technician III - Clinical Engineering for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $47.67.
The ideal candidate will have experience in Cath Lab.
1. Ensure the safety and performance of general radiology equipment including portables, c-arms, rad/chest rooms, rad/fluoro rooms, Mammography and CT, MR or Angiography by verifying proper operation, troubleshooting and maintaining computer hardware and networking systems for Digital Radiography (DR), Computed Radiography (CR) and PACS environments. Perform preventive maintenance inspections and accurately complete equipment repairs as assigned.
2. Ensure the safety and performance of life support, diagnostic, therapeutic and ancillary hospital equipment by verifying proper operation. Perform preventive maintenance inspections and accurately complete equipment repairs as assigned.
3. Participate in the design and development of standard desktop hardware configuration and operating system image development.
4. Participate in recommending upgrades and/or improvements to standard desktop hardware, client configuration and operating system images.
5. Maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, deploy and repair computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals and end user devices.
6. Replace, upgrade, maintain and document hardware and software systems.
7. Support and maintain user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
8. Document preventive maintenance inspection, repair services and other department activity as required in the computerized maintenance management system.
9. Monitor supply and equipment usage. Make recommendations for cost containment. Make appropriate charges for services rendered and supplies used. Coordinate outside repairs.
10. Accepts mandatory on-call duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree in biomedical technology or equivalent in electronics, physics or U.S. military biomedical or technical training with manufacturer training on CT, MRI or Angiography (Cath Lab) systems or equivalent training from third-party vendor.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in biomedical instrumentation technology preferred.
• Minimum three years’ experience with general radiology equipment including portables, c-arms, rad/chest rooms, rad/fluoro Rooms and networking computer systems for DR, CR and PACS environments.
• Understanding of imaging medical applications and procedures (or equivalent education and/or experience).
• Two years’ experience supporting Windows Vista, Windows XP and desktop management infrastructure with one year experience developing and implementing standardized desktop solution preferred.
• Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) certification – Certified Radiology Equipment Specialist (CRES) required.
• Microsoft A+ and/or Network+ certification preferred.
• Excellent analysis/problem solving skills.
• Good oral/written communication skills.
• Medical terminology.
• Knowledge of bio-engineering, bio-electronics and instrumentation. Proficiency in DICOM, operating computers with Windows operating system.
• Ability to navigate multiple software sites simultaneously.
• Detail oriented with ability to key statistical data accurately.
• Familiarity with technologies that support information system operations.
• Familiarity with data processing network techniques and design.
• Knowledge of information technology facilities design, maintenance or operation.
• Competency in employing electronic test equipment and computer-based test and maintenance utilities.
• Knowledge of personal computer application software, operating systems, computer devices, peripheral devices, data and transmission principles, theories and concepts, public and private networks, statistical analysis, bench marking techniques, data correlation and preparation of reports, fundamentals and communications techniques, project plan development, wiring standards, Wide Area Network operation and design.
• Ability to work as a team or independently to accomplish assignments and objectives within specified time periods.
• Comprehensive knowledge of schematics, safety testing and preventive maintenance practices, procedures and types of equipment.
• Ability to complete highly-skilled work of considerable difficulty (e.g. services that typically require the vendor to perform) on at least five (5) of the systems on the department expert competency list.
PHYSICAL/ COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.