***Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance May Be Available***
PeaceHealth at Sacred Heart RiverBend Medical Center in Springfield, Oregon is seeking a MRI Technologist for a Full Time, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $39.62, more depending on experience. This position will be scheduled Thursday through Saturday, 1900-0730.
Responsible for performing all routine and specialized MRI procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information.Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Details about the position:
- Prepare, supply and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems. Recognizes and ensures additional study and examination techniques are applied when abnormalities are present.
- Operates MRI scanner for data acquisition, reconstruction and documentation of images, and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Applies the ACR Guidance Document for Safe MR Practices to ensure patient, visitor and caregiver safety.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers’ scope of practice, training, experience and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology program required or equivalent education and/or experience as required for obtaining certification/license/registration as required by State for clinical practice.
- Demonstrated venipuncture competency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of radiologic and MRI terminology, practices, procedures, physiology, and human cross sectional anatomy.
- Demonstrated competency in computer based programs as they relate to MR applications.
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
- All locations (one of the following is required at date of hire):
- ARRT (R) Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist
- ARRT (MR) certification is required within one year of hire (except ARMRIT Technologists)
- Registered Ultrasound Sonographer ARDMS
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist with CNMT or ARRT (N)
- ARMRIT certification
- One of the following is required within 18 months of hire: ARRT (MR) certification or ARMRIT certification.
- Registered with the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI). Must maintain active registry with the State of Oregon OBMI.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
About the community:
Springfield is located at the southern end of the Willamette Valley, also known as Oregon wine country. Two rivers run through the community, the Willamette River, and McKenzie River. Bike, walk or run the Middle Fork Path along the Willamette river, or spend the day fishing on the McKenzie river. Springfield has a flourishing downtown and fast becoming a must visit for its culinary experience! Immersed in art, take the outdoor mural tour, or stay inside at the Emerald Art Center. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play.
For a complete description of the position or for questions, contact Andrea, [email protected]
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.