PeaceHealth RiverBend Medical Center in Springfield, Oregon is seeking a MRI Technologist for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $39.62, more depending on experience, plus a 15% per diem differential.Click here to learn more about PeaceHealth RiverBend Medical Center.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Responsible for performing all routine and specialized MRI procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information.
- Prepare, supply and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems. Recognizes and ensures additional study and examination techniques are applied when abnormalities are present.
- Operates MRI scanner for data acquisition, reconstruction and documentation of images, and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Applies the ACR Guidance Document for Safe MR Practices to ensure patient, visitor and caregiver safety.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers’ scope of practice, training, experience and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology program required or equivalent education and/or experience as required for obtaining certification/license/registration as required by State for clinical practice.
- Minimum of one year previous experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development, and life stages to meet each patient’s need.
- Demonstrated venipuncture competency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of radiologic and MRI terminology, practices, procedures, physiology, and human cross sectional anatomy.
- Demonstrated competency in computer based programs as they relate to MR applications.
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required. ImageCast/CareCast experience is preferred.
- ARRT (R) Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist is required.
- ARRT (MR) certification is required within one year of hire for PHOR.
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State for trained modality.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Ability to work with basic office equipment such as telephones, copier, facsimiles, computers, etc.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Registered with the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI).Must maintain active registry with the state of Oregon OBMI.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.