PeaceHealth is seeking a Biomed Technician I - Clinical Engineering for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $30.99.
Ensure and maintain the quality, safety and performance of patient care and ancillary equipment by completing preventive and corrective maintenance inspections and other equipment related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for equipment performance to include ensuring the safety and performance of life support, diagnostic, therapeutic and ancillary hospital equipment by verifying proper operation, performing preventive maintenance inspections and accurately completing equipment repairs as assigned.
- Contribute to the accurate and timely reporting of equipment maintenance history by documenting preventive maintenance inspection, repair services and other department activity as required in the computerized maintenance management system.
- Support and contribute to effective safety and risk management efforts by adhering to established policies and procedures. Maintain a safe environment. Actively ensure accident prevention. Identify and report potential liabilities. Maintain appropriate patient/employee confidentiality.
- Contribute to efficient financial management by effectively using time. Make appropriate charges for services rendered and supplies used.
- Maintain and enhance professional skills and awareness of policies and procedures through participation in hospital, departmental and outside training/continuing education programs that are designed to facilitate personal growth and development.
- Effectively communicate by interpreting and conveying information clearly, accurately and in a timely manner. Establish and maintain open, effective communication between customers and staff. Utilize correct channels of communication and recognized organization communication standard. Answer telephones in a manner that tells customers they are important. Keep abreast of, and comply with, departmental and organizational changes and events through reading posted communications and attending department and assigned meetings.
- Perform general duties by maintaining a working knowledge of infection control concepts, internal/external disaster plans and risk management concepts. Demonstrate knowledge of hospital, interdepartmental and unit goals, standards and operations
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
- Associate’s degree in biomedical technology or equivalent in electronics, physics or U.S. military biomedical or technical training (or equivalent combination of education and/or experience).
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical/Clinical Engineering preferred.
- One years’ equipment experience preferred.
- Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET) preferred.
- Excellent analysis/problem solving skills.
- Good oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Basic medical terminology related to equipment function
- Knowledge of bio-engineering, bio-electronics and instrumentation.
- Skilled in using computers with Windows operating system.
- Ability to navigate multiple software sites simultaneously.
- Detailed oriented with ability to key statistical data accurately.
- Works under close supervision to perform skilled work on preventive maintenance, repair, safety testing and recording functional test data.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion more than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.