PeaceHealth is seeking a Biomed Technician II - Clinical Engineering for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $41.78
Responsible for performing complex and general patient care equipment repairs, preventative maintenance, and safety testing and deployment. Works from schematic diagrams, blueprints, service documentation, federal, state and local electrical and fire safety codes and from verbal instructions. Provides corrective maintenance and maintains documentation of all service events, tests, and maintenance performed on clinical equipment. Trains and mentors less experienced technicians on the team.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assists with detailed purchasing specifications for new equipment and evaluation of new equipment, accessories, and supplies.
- Assists with work order controls, maintenance history records, planned maintenance and safety inspection records, purchase requests, and repair parts inventory records. Documents time and expense in a timely manner. Actively participates in the development and maintenance of the Biomed Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Conducts cross-training in the techniques of testing, calibrating, operating, and troubleshooting biomedical systems for assigned biomedical equipment technicians.
- Oversees the quality control of services provided by outside vendors and maintains necessary documentation regarding the work performed, dates of service and signs off on completion of vendor service requests.
- Establishes and maintains supporting technical literature such as manufactures literature, reference standards, specifications, and other documents necessary for supporting the program. Ensures team members are notified of changes and trained on the details of those changes.
- May serve as a member or advisor to hospitals Risk management, Safety, and other appropriate committees as required by the supervisor.
- Conducts in-service classes and individual training for equipment users on subjects such as electrical safety, proper operations and care of equipment.
- Installs, repairs and calibrates most classes of clinical equipment at component level, performs planned maintenance and electrical safety inspections, and inspects incoming equipment for compliance with code, standards, and manufacture recommendations. Maintains documentation as outlined by current policies and procedures.
- May assist with organizing and validating work efforts of other team members in the department.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in biomedical technology or related field, or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience is required.
- Minimum of three years prior work experience in biomedical equipment repair.
- Valid state driver’s license
- Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET) preferred.
- Excellent analysis/problem solving skills.
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Basic medical terminology related to equipment function
- Knowledge of bio-engineering, bio-electronics and instrumentation.
- Skilled in using computers with Windows operating system.
- Ability to navigate multiple software sites simultaneously.
- Demonstrates cost-effective decision making skills.
- Uses office automation hardware and software applications and diagnostic service software appropriate to the equipment being serviced.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion more than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.