This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 13611
Location: Eugene, OR
Work Type: Part Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a CNA 2 - Oregon Rehab Center for a Part Time, Night position.
Hourly compensation is $17.27 - $30.12; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, work location, and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
****Hiring bonus may be available****
***Free CNA2 training available for CNA1 candidates! PeaceHealth is currently offering CNA2 training at no cost to you. Earn while you learn – you can also get paid an hourly wage while going through your CNA2 program.***
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Assists professional nursing personnel in providing quality, compassionate patient care by performing tasks involving direct and indirect patient care, using skills and knowledge in basic nursing assistant procedures and techniques under direction and supervision of a registered nurse.
* Assist in providing direct patient care as delegated by the Registered Nurse within the scope of the CNA licensure.
* Assist patient with personal care which may include: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; toileting assistance; eating and hydration.
* Documents relevant patient care data.
* Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs.
* May provide clerical support to the unit; doing order entry, chart processing, answering telephones, etc.
* Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; applying dressings; recognizing and reporting signs and symptoms of common diseases or conditions; administering treatments as directed by a physician or nurse.
* Provide patients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed.
* CNA level II certification required at time of hire (see exception for Peace Harbor Medical Center CNA II training program below).
* Performs other duties as assigned.
-Demonstrates a courteous, caring, and understanding attitude towards patients, families, co-workers, visitors, volunteers, peers, and physicians.
-Must be well organized, flexible and able to function effectively and independently as assigned.
-Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
-Demonstrates creative problem-solving skills.
-Excellent communication skills
-Basic computer, clerical, phone etiquette and customer service skills
Hazards may include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps). Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Job duties may require intense concentration or attention to detail (more than 65% of work time). Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time. Work requires moderate physical exertion to include prolonged periods of standing from 34 to 65% of the time.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
Eugene, Oregon : ranked 9th on the Livability Top 100 Best Places to Live.
Come experience the wide array of restaurants, visit the fermentation district, and entertainment venues that make Eugene a true urban playground. Eugene boasts cultural amenities typical of larger cities, from the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art to the world-famous Oregon Bach Festival.
Home to the University of Oregon Ducks! Historic Hayward field will host the Olympic Trials in 2021, NCAA Track & Field Championships, and the World Athletics Championships in 2022.
The area offers outdoor produce markets, abundant parks, camping, hiking, wine tasting, and natural beauty. It truly is a place to experience and love!
Top reasons to work with PeaceHealth:
Competitive compensation, great benefits package, including excellent health benefits
Career advancement opportunities within your first year!
Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
Awarded 'Healthiest 100 Workplaces in America'*
To learn more about a career with PeaceHealth:
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.