PeaceHealth is seeking a Director Operations and Program Management for a Full Time, Day position.
Works closely with all levels of administration, physicians, and other patient caregivers as required to coordinate clinical services, accomplish directives, and facilitate resolution of problems. Partners with NWN COO, CMO and CNO to facilitate alignment with the organization’s vision/culture/goals; assist in developing and overseeing successful achievement of the financial, operational and quality goals; successfully engage hospital/medicine dyad teams in creating and implementing a vision for the Service focused on creating an environment of service excellence, continuous improvement and compassionate care. Develops long and short-term business strategies, operational plans and oversees implementation. Manages the design, structure, development, and planning issues within scope of direction. Responsible for quality, service, and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility. Accountable for contracting oversight, operational planning, project management, and other strategic work supporting the NWN Executive Team.
- Creates and monitors infrastructure, systems, processes, and standards to achieve desired outcomes, including implementing cost saving initiatives in collaboration with leadership.
- Evaluates capital needs of assigned tasks, prepares and supports all aspects of the operating and capital budgets. Partners with departmental leadership and Finance for clinical capital obtained and utilizes benchmark data and financial trend analysis to identify cost saving initiatives.
- Performs fiscal and business planning that promotes stewardship of resources and cost efficiency. Develop, implement and monitor operating and capital budgets. Accountable for meeting budgetary and operational targets.
- Develops strategic and long-range plans and policies for the effective implementation and operation of specific programs and associated activities.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts that promote excellence and cost efficiency. Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with department managers, staff and customers that lead to measurable improvement in outcomes, efficiency and customer service.
- Leads established projects and assists with the development of new services. May include but is not limited to, assigned affiliations, acquisitions partnerships and other collaborative projects. Reviews, analyzes, creates, uses Lean methodology, and executes program/project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements of each program/project.
- Partners with NWN Leadership on matters that impact provider’s professional activities or performance. Acts as a primary interface between PeaceHealth, physician providers and community organizations in assigned region with the goal of enhancing and improving physician alignment in support of growth and provision of the highest level of care to the communities served in assigned network.
- Represents the medical center in provider and business contracts and arrangements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise stated)
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, healthcare administration or other related discipline.
- Master’s degree preferred in a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience managing capital projects, hospital operations or significant project management.
- Minimum of 5 years of related management experience required.
- Experience in developing successful working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in leading and managing similar departments and functions
- Experience with structured process improvement methodologies is strongly preferred.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional or cross-organizational teams.
- Ability to function within and enhance a supportive team approach with patients, staff, families, caregivers, community providers and agencies.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Comfortable with managing conflict.
SYSTEM PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.