Job ID: 13626
Location: Springfield, OR
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
PeaceHealth is seeking a Respiratory Therapist for a Full Time, Night position. Hourly compensation starts at $29.85, more depending on experience.
*** $15,000.00 Sign On Bonus & Relocation Assistance Available!***
Join our team of Respiratory Therapists in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!
Spotlight on Springfield: CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
Springfield is in the Willamette Valley nestled between two rivers. Just two hours or less to Portland, OR, the Oregon Coast and high desert, there are ample opportunities for outdoor activities such as: camping, hiking, biking, fishing, rafting and winter sports.
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Riverbend is a State-of-the-art tertiary, Level II Trauma Center and our team of 85+ Respiratory Therapists at Sacred Heart Riverbend work on clinical floors and pediatrics.
There are additional opportunities to work in:
We have a very active Caregiver Action Committee and collaborate with other disciplines and medical directors to provide evidence-based care for our patients.
PeaceHealth proudly provides:
Cares for the Cardio-Pulmonary needs of all assigned patients, from those who are undergoing routine diagnostic procedures to those requiring more complex critical care support, intervention, and transport support, as applicable to care setting. The work requires a team focus working collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team aimed toward the best outcome for the patient and organization.
* Calibrates, cleans, sets up, maintains and troubleshoots all patient related equipment and instruments. Assembles and stores cleaned equipment.
* Participates in in-house educational in-services inter and intradepartmental as well as attending outside seminars and work-shops, as requested by Manager.
* Participates in various intermittent department tasks including; audits, quality assurance, statistical record keeping, patient charting and other special projects as specified by Manager.
* Patient assessment including the ability to monitor labs, hemodynamics and radiology findings. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates individual patient care appropriate to the age of the patients.
* Provides respiratory care to include diagnostic testing, oxygen and medication delivery, bronchial hygiene, arterial/capillary blood gas draw and analysis, advanced airway and life support.
* Acts as a clinical resource on procedures and standards for staff and physicians. Monitors staff compliance.
* Directs patient care activities on the unit for the shift by making/adjusting staff assignments to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
* May act as a member of trauma, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and rapid response teams.
* May become trained as a core therapist in an ICU or diagnostics area (e.g. PFT or Sleep Lab) to meet department needs.
* Responsible for ventilator and Non-invasive Positive Pressure Ventilation (NPPV) management including ensuring safe, evidences based setting with appropriate changes.
* Previous leadership experience preferred.
* NRP certification required for therapists working in the NICU.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, contact Purneet, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.