Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Cancer Registrar - Community Cancer Center for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $23.42, more depending on experience.
Maintains requirements for data collection by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons. Provides office support for the Community Cancer Program and/or Tumor Conferences as applicable and needed.
- Abstracts cancer cases from hospital, radiation therapy and other medical records per the Facility Oncology Registry Data Standards (FORDS) manual and SEER rules. Applies Collaborative Staging and AJCC staging systems to data abstracted from medical records.
- Runs and interprets standard reports to monitor operations of the electronic cancer registry.
- Queries the electronic database as assigned for quality improvement and review projects per Commission on Cancer standards and cancer committee requests
- Correctly translates ICD-10-CM and ICD-0-3 codes into FORDS (Facility Oncology Registry Data Standards) codes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or certificate in medical records, science or other relevant field; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience and/or Training: Tumor Registry experience strongly preferred.
- Certified Tumor Registrar required within one year of hire.
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Knowledgeable in automated database management and associated HIPAA standards
- Demonstrates knowledge of Commission on Cancer (COC) standards for data collection and management.
- Fluency with terminology related to the cancer disease process, diagnosis, treatment and outcomes
ST. JOSEPH’S PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.