Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Hyperbaric Technologist - Wound Healing Center for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $23.42, more depending on experience.
Responsible for administering hyperbaric oxygen therapy and diagnostic testing to patients of the Hyperbaric Medicine Center under the supervision of a hyperbaric physician. All therapeutic and diagnostic modalities will be ordered by the hyperbaric physician.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the policies and procedures of Hyperbaric Medicine.
- Perform the following duties per departmental policy and physician instruction: transcutaneous oxygen monitoring testing, blood glucose monitoring, hyperbaric treatment and monitoring, dressing changes and/or wound care within scope of practice, complete and maintain patient treatment/diagnostic records, educate patient and/or patient's family as to the benefits, risks, contraindications, and safety issues of hyperbaric oxygen therapy before treatment, answer telephone inquiries and schedule patient treatment times.
- Clean and maintain the equipment according to infection control standards. Maintain continuous quality improvement duties and chart audits. Perform an inventory check, and maintain a record of supplies and laundry items. Maintain equipment and checks backup air and oxygen supplies on a daily basis.
- Ascertain that the patient's diagnosis is one of the appropriate approved disorders for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and that the said diagnosis is clearly entered on the patient's charts/records
- Evaluate the patient outcome and meet with the manager and the hyperbaric physician to discuss patient treatment and adjust treatment as necessary. Consult with hyperbaric physician regarding any adverse reactions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have completed a National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology approved hyperbaric medicine introductory course or must do so for certification within 18 months of hire.
- As part of the clinical internship, the CHT must have completed the Transcutaneous Oxygen Monitoring (TCOM) module.
- Must be certified and/or licensed in one of the following vocations or hold a diploma from an accredited institution in one of the following professions to meet the minimum education and experience requirements:
- Respiratory Therapist, Physician Assistant, Corpsman (Military), EMT, Paramedic, LPN, RN, Physiologist, or Certified Hyperbaric Technologist, (CHT).
- Must have undergone a clinical work experience of 480 hours in undersea, hyperbaric medicine or aviation medicine technology or must do so for certification within 18 months of hire.
- Must maintain a minimum 12 continuing education credits every two years with at least six of those specific to undersea or hyperbaric medicine.
- Current certification for Certified Hyperbaric Technician or Certified Hyperbaric Specialist required or must obtain certification within 12 months from the hire date.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Basic use of computers including MS Office applications
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.