Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Diabetes Educator - Endocrinology for a Part Time, Day position.
This position is responsible for providing individualized or group, goal directed diabetes management and education for patients and their families according to the Scope of Practice, Standards of Practice, and Standards of Professional performance for Diabetes Educators.
- Collaboratively develops educational goals, learning objectives and a plan for education content and teaching methods for program participants.
- Provides diabetes self management training to patients in the clinic or hospital setting. Develops an individualized follow-up plan with each patient.
- Evaluates effectiveness of educational services provided by measuring attainment of learning objectives. Conducts a follow-up assessment upon completion of the program.
- Documents patient care in the medical record according to standards.
- Participate in the development of training materials. Contributes to and participates in continuous quality improvement processes.
- Evaluates ability to obtain diabetes related medications and testing equipment and related supplies.
- Maintain and update education materials and keeping current with operational guidelines of monitoring devices and glycemic medication delivery systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited program or Bachelors’ degree in Nutrition Sciences required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in general medical nursing or dietetics with a variety of chronic conditions, including diabetes, cardiovascular, and renal disease
- Experience as diabetes educator in outpatient setting preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state of practice or current national registration as dietician and state licensure or certification for the state of practice may be required.
- Certified Diabetes Care & Education Specialist (CDCES) credential issued by CBDCE required. (This credential previously known as CDE-Certified Diabetes Educator).
- Other state-specific certification may be required.
- Demonstrated ability to affectively teach in a group setting, utilizing a variety of educational methods
- Proficient computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Ability to recognize and prioritize complex data to best serve patient
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite and ability to learn new software skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Certification Board for Diabetes Care and Education Specialists CDCES credential required or must be able to obtain within 24 months of employment.
ALAKSA PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate or pay close attention to detail for more than 66% of the work time.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.