PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Physicist - Radiosurgery for a Part Time, Variable position.
**$5,000 Sign on bonus for eligible candidates!**
**Relocation assistance available**
Provides physics services to the assigned department in accordance with standards of practice and regulatory requirements, to assure the best possible patient care is provided.
Details of the position:
- Implements and conducts Quality Assurance [QA] program for 3D conformal, Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy [IMRT], Brachytherapy, Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy, Gamma Knife, and CyberKnife treatment delivery and related equipment as applicable and required by regulations and accepted standards.
- As required by the manufacturer’s specifications, collects beam data for computerized treatment planning system [TPS], for determining and modeling beam characteristics for new installation of TPS and updates versions as required.
- Calibrates therapy equipment to accurately deliver prescribed radiation dosage.
- In conjunction with the physicians, directs the determination of radiation dose distributions in patients undergoing treatment (i.e., computerized dosimetry planning or direct radiation measurement as applicable to setting).
- Provides quality of performance investigations and documents evidence that imaging equipment used treatment meets applicable standards and regulations of performance and radiation safety as set forth by state .May, compile reports to initiate necessary changes.
What you Bring:
- Master’s degree in Medical Physics or related field of Physics required.
- Doctoral degree preferred.
- Certification from the American Board of Medical Physics (ABMP) or the American Board of Radiology (ABR).
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a Medical Physicist.
- A minimum of two years’ experience with IMRT QA and brachy therapy, including but not limited to prostate seed implants and low dose rate [LDR] implants. (See below for Gamma Knife requirement)
For a full description or for questions, contact Matt, [email protected]
***Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.***
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.