Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Education Coordinator - Sterile Processing for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $25.78, more depending on experience.
Plans, organizes and coordinates the development and implementation of the education curricula with any department that uses or cares for items that require sterile or high level disinfection (HLD).Services as education coordinator and manages communication for implementations, special projects, process teams and competency assessments. Documents training programs and caregiver completion/competency validation. Delivers training. Prepares and performs necessary audits to ensure safe patient care is provided in departments where sterilization or high level disinfection occurs. Is the Subject Matter Expert on sterilization and high level disinfection for the community/network.
- Develops, coordinates and integrates staff education, training, competencies, professional practices and quality audit processes in the inpatient, ambulatory and local affiliated clinics to assure caregivers involved with sterilization and high level disinfection in the organization are oriented to their positions. Assesses, designs, develops, administers and measures technical and performance requirements/skills for all instrument and scope processing across the organization and in partnership with system colleagues.
- Researches and coordinates multiple and complex education programs and training using evidence based practice to meet needs of departments and the system. Will include coordination of vendor supplied training. Develops collaborative relationships with local Sterile Processing training programs.
- Maintains ongoing review of new technologies and instrumentation selections that reduce costs, improve quality of sterilization services and improve safety for patients and caregivers.
- Addresses the following: gaps in processes, information on new technology, continuous quality improvement, a leader checklist for annual competencies, formal mentoring for new caregivers, in-services on new equipment and provides representation on the Surgical Site Infection Committee.
- Documents training in PeaceHealth’s learning management system using standardized templates, forms and agreements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree, or combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in program coordination and customer service experience with web-based and other educational technologies or training systems strongly preferred.
- Training or experience with adult learning and/or instructional design.
- Minimum 3 years Central Sterile experience
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION:
Certification from IAHCSMM or CBSPD
- Demonstrated familiarity within the CSP hospital based industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA & WISHA standards
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and a variety of education technology methodologies.
- Additional training or certification desired in areas such as human performance technology, improvement or management; process improvement; adult learning; instructional design; competency models; data collection and analysis tools; and customer needs assessments.
- Knowledge of current regulations and requirements (AAMI, AORN, IAHCSM, etc.)
- Demonstrated skills in presentations, clinical skills assessment methodology and project management
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating work groups, curriculum design/development/delivery and quality management principles
ST. JOSEPH'S PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.