This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 14083
Location: Vancouver, WA
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: 8 Hours
PeaceHealth is seeking a Assistant General Counsel for a Full Time, Day position.
Responsible for providing legal services in support of PeaceHealth including its operating units, subsidiaries and related organizations. Serves in a highly independent function, managing significant legal matters impacting the organization, including primarily employment and labor law issues.
1. Provides day-to day legal advice on a broad range of questions and issues pertaining to labor and employment law matters.
2. Advises on labor and union-related matters, including grievance administration, arbitration hearings, and unfair labor practice charges.
3. Provides support on administrative charges, including complaints of discrimination, wage claims and other federal and state employment-related investigations.
4. Collaborates with HR on development and deployment of policies, processes, tool/templates, trainings and best practices.
5. Prepares, reviews and edits legal documents and filings. Prepares responses to government administrative charges.
6. Manages outside counsel relationships.
7. Advises HR, operational leaders and other members of the legal department on the impact of new and existing laws and regulations in the labor and employment area.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience as a practicing attorney handling employment and/or labor law.
• Admission to state bar association required.
• Demonstrated ability to partner effectively with colleagues and clients in a collaborative environment to understand and achieve stated business objectives.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of caregivers and leadership, as well as external organizations including government agencies and outside counsel.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to effectively build the trust of senior leadership.
• Strong organizational skills coupled with the ability to compile information from multiple sources.
• Must be able to handle highly sensitive company confidential information and data.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and display flexibility in a fast-paced and changing work environment. • Proven ability to engage multiple constituencies with dignity and respect.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. Caregivers of PeaceHealth embrace the spirit of these words and share our commitment to safe, compassionate care, and are willing to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.