Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Provider Coding Specialist II for a Full Time, Day position.
Remote: Must reside in Oregon, Washington, or Alaska.
This position is responsible for the review of clinical documentation and assignment of ICD-10-CM, CPT-4, HCPCS, modifier, for professional services in all settings.
- Performs coding of charge sessions in assigned work queue using established coding and regulatory guidelines for Provider Based, Method II, Rural Health, and free-standing clinics.
- Collaborates with billing and customer service team to resolve insurance denials and patient disputes in a timely fashion utilizing established workflows.
- Conducts provider queries of identified documentation issues utilizing EHR established workflows.
- Utilizes computer assisted coding tools, in accordance with, established coding workflows.
- Collaborates with coding reviewer by providing feedback regarding trends identified during the daily coding process and attends provider reviews as assigned.
- Prioritizes coding functions as directed by coding leadership and organizes job functions and work assignments to efficiently complete tasks within the established time frames.
- Maintains communication and relationships with PFS billing and customer service staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a formal coding program or combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in physician professional services coding in a medical care facility, billing office or medical records department.
- Knowledge including, as appropriate, ICD-10, and HCPCS/CPT coding, regulatory Medicare, Medicaid and third-party regulations.
- CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist-Physician Based) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or other HIM recognized; related credential preferred. If not currently certified, must obtain within one year of employment.
- Proficiency in coding Professional Inpatient and/or Ambulatory Care, Emergency Department and Outpatient medical records with ICD-10 CM and CPT4 classification systems with expertise in one or more specialty area.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications including Excel and Word.
- Adept and proficient in windows-based computer environment with respect to coding software systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills required.
- Familiarity with medical billing software and electronic medical record preferred.
SHARED SERVICES PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Extended periods of sitting while reviewing records and entering clinical data into a computer monitor where noise level is moderate.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate or pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.