Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Chaplain - Hospice for a Full Time, Day position.
Provides direct spiritual care for patients, family members, and PeaceHealth caregivers across the continuum of care. Demonstrates a spiritual presence to all people which is compassionate, accepting, respectful, and sensitive. Works as a member of the health care team and with other health care professionals. Promotes healing of mind, body, and spirit through direct care, leadership, and pastoral education. Works collaboratively with other professionals, faith community leaders, students, and community professionals. Provides leadership in promoting the mission, values and vision of PeaceHealth.
- Assumes responsibility to provide spiritual care to patients and families in assigned areas and by referral and participation in interdisciplinary teams and other health care teams or service lines. Offers holistic spiritual care and counsel to address the spiritual, psychological, social, and physical needs of patients, families, and health care teams.
- Assists others as they seek to make meaning during crises and as they try to integrate their personal, spiritual, and health care journeys. Facilitates theological reflection as appropriate.
- Provides and documents interventions and interactions; requests follow up by other chaplains/disciplines as appropriate.
- Assist people to move through immediate and emerging crisis/trauma. Provides crisis debriefing and support to health care teams as needed.
- Assists others in ethical decision making, which may include Advance Care Planning, consistent with their values and belief system and in accordance with theEthical and Religious Directives for Catholic Healthcare Services(ERDs).
- Provides notification, consultation and support for faith community leaders of patients and families wishing their faith community leaders notified and involved in their care. Works closely with faith community leaders to ensure patients’ spiritual needs are met during hospitalization and appropriate referrals for post-discharge spiritual care are made.
- Provides support, resource, and leadership for the programs, initiatives, and on-going department functions and goals as assigned.
- Provides support, education, and consultation to members of health care teams as they seek personal and professional growth in becoming more effective caregivers and in providing care which is relational, patient centered, and holistically oriented.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS(Required unless otherwise stated.)
- Theological education appropriate for chaplaincy is required.
- Masters level from an accredited university or seminary is preferred.
- Four units of ACPE Certified CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) required.
- Minimum of two years health care chaplaincy (or equivalent setting) experience required.
- Acute care experience preferred.
- Endorsement from or attestation of good standing in a faith tradition required.
- Board Certified or certification eligible by National Association of Catholic Chaplains, or Association of Professional Chaplains, the National Association of Jewish Chaplains, or Spiritual Care Association/Healthcare Chaplaincy Association or Association of Clinical Pastoral Education is required. Certified or provisionally certified within three years of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support certification is required for hospice chaplains.
- Ability to assist others in medical decision making consistent with their values and belief system.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret theEthical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services.
- Ability to appropriately articulate his/her own spiritual perspective and integration while remaining respectful of the perspective of others.
- Able to integrate experience and reflection into pastoral ministry.
- Ability to interact with faith community leaders of diverse denominations and faith traditions.
- Ability to work effectively with patients who have widely varying physical, emotional, cultural, and religious/spiritual needs which bring meaning to their lives and to their experiences as patients.
- Crisis counseling skills and/or experience required for addressing and processing trauma situations.
- Ability to integrate and utilize a variety of modalities in healing, i.e., guided meditation, music thanatology, etc.
- Computer literate and proficient in MS Office; Electronic Medical Record experience preferred.
- Commitment to continuing education.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.