Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Return to Work Specialist for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $25.78, more depending on experience.
Provides coordination, service delivery and continued quality of an established Return-to-Work program. Coordinates information, communications, forms, processes and actions between the medical provider, employer and injured caregiver. Responsible for identifying and developing temporary assignments, either modified or alternative duties, for return-to-work; and will ensure provider and employee participation through ongoing education, communication and application of established protocols.
- Administers the workers compensation claims process from set-up and reporting of First Report of Injury or Illness to workers’ compensation insurance carrier, third-party administrator and/or Risk Management Department, using defined processes and policies.
- Coordinates return-to-work processes by collaborating with injured caregivers, adjusters, attorneys/legal counsel, investigators and others. Provides proper documents and notices. Maintains and utilizes Job Analysis (JA) Bank containing Job of Injury and Return-to-Work Job Analysis. Maintains time-off/loss-of-earning records; and ensures adjusters receive information to establish benefit rates.
- Communicates with medical providers and supervisors to locate areas of need and availability of temporary assignment, either in modified or alternative duty positions. Clarifies and documents essential functions of the job, identifies barriers, interfaces with injured caregivers, supervisors and providers, and proposes solutions to return caregiver to work.
- Enters data into the system, and maintains appropriate logs and files for completion/compliance with OSHA recordkeeping requirements. Researches, compiles and summarizes information regarding incidents and expenses. Assists in preparation of ongoing reports as required by state, carrier(s), and established departmental procedures.
- Identifies, coordinates and completes documents to submit to regulatory agency, insurance carrier(s), third-party administrator and/or foundation(s) for grants and/or other financial incentives.
- Provides instructions and training to caregivers, and supervisors on policies regarding reporting and managing occupational injuries, employer return-to-work program and accommodating individuals with disabilities.
- Actively participates in relevant internal counterpart team(s), safety committees, and focus groups. Identifies strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for program enhancements; develop strategies, tactics and recommendations to reduce frequency of workers’ compensation claims, and reduce the severity/ costs of those claims, and enhance accident prevention program and initiatives.
- Assists in the development and implementation of new policies and programs and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Maintains confidential caregiver health records; Maintains summaries and written reports
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or a combination of education and/or training and/or experience which provides an equivalent background required to perform the work).
- Minimum of two years’ experience with return-to-work programs and/or workers’ compensation.
- Advance skills in MS Office preferred.
- Working knowledge of laws, regulations, and policies regarding Safety, Workers’ Compensation, ADA accommodations, and interrelated areas, such as Family Medical Leave.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.