Are you looking for fulfillment in your work? Do you have a passion for serving others, and healing through food in the healthcare industry? If so, our Dietitian I is the position for you.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Dietitian I- Nutrition Services for a Per Diem , Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $25.78, more depending on experience.
Come join our amazing, growing team.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of nutrition care, consulting with other healthcare professionals as needed.
- Competent use of the Nutrition Care Process including nutrition assessment, identification of nutritional diagnosis, implementation of appropriate nutrition intervention, and formulation of patient specific goals, monitoring, evaluation, and follow up of outcomes.
- Using evidence-based nutrition practice guidelines, will provide nutrition education to patients and families in the outpatient and/or inpatient settings.
- Provides consult services to other healthcare providers and participates in the interdisciplinary team.
- Documents in the EMR in accordance with policies, procedures, and regulations.
- When appropriate, makes referrals to other services, agencies, and community resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree that meets Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) requirements
- Successful completion of AND approved internship/training program
- Registered Dietitian or registration eligible (must pass the Registration Exam within 90 days).
- Current licensure/certification as required by State.
- Current Medicare provider status number may be required.
Top reasons to work with Peace Health:
- Competitive compensation, great benefit package including excellent health benefits
- Career advancement opportunities within your first year!
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Premium reduction program (may cover the cost of premiums for your entire household)
- Peace Health welcomes LGBTQ+ and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Demonstrated skill in teaching adults and pediatrics of varying competency levels
- Must be able to design, implement, and evaluate instructional materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with a variety of departments and work independently on numerous projects simultaneously
- Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Whatcom Cardiology Department only: WA State Medical Assistant Phlebotomist License required within 90 days of hire.
See how PeaceHealth is committed toInclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.