***Sign On Bonus $1,000***
PeaceHealth Medical Group in Vancouver, Washington is seeking a Ultrasound Sonographer for a Part Time, Day position in the OB-GYN/Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic. Hourly compensation starts at $37.73, more depending on experience.
Uses independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in performing diagnostic sonographic examinations utilizing ultrasound equipment in various modes and techniques to locate, evaluate, and record pertinent anatomical, pathological, and functional data. Responsible for initial assessments, summarizing diagnostic data and communicating this information with diagnostic images to the interpreting physician.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Performs most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Records test results, prepares accurate preliminary reports with information appropriate to their scope of practice and updates patient records for interpreting physician.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required. May schedule and coordinate tests and prepare and maintain operational logs.
- Maintains and calibrates equipment and order necessary supplies.
- Prepares, supplies and equips exam rooms to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Uses independent judgment during exam to differentiate, within the scope of their licensure, between normal and pathological findings.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Tailors exam to individual patient and utilizes the most appropriate equipment settings to provide most diagnostic information for interpretation.
- Performs other duties as assigned consistent with caregiver’s scope of practice, training, experience and licensure/registration/certification.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Graduate of a 2-4 year accredited ultrasound program required.
- Bachelor’s degree in ultrasound technology preferred.
- Minimum of one year of diagnostic ultrasound experience in a hospital facility preferred.
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
- ImageCast/CareCast experience is preferred.
- Registered or registry eligible with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- Must maintain active national registry status through accumulation of required CME on a “rolling triennium” basis.
- Must obtain ARDMS registration within one year of hire.
- Current certification/registration/licensure as required by the State for trained modality.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills required including MS Office applications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
Vancouver, located minutes from downtown Portland, is a robust city with over 174,000 residents. You will be in a community voted as the most friendly walking & bicycling city in the United States! The city is known for its naturally beautiful scenery, abundant outdoor recreation, diverse cuisine, art walks, contemporary boutiques, and a vibrant farmers market- all nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade Mountains. Vancouver’s new 7.3-acre waterfront park features shopping, fine dining, housing units, water sports access, parks, and a 90 cable pier overlooking the Columbia River. Sports fanatic? Cheer for professional football, basketball, soccer, and baseball organizations. As well as many flagship universities are just a quick drive away!
For a full description of the position, or for questions, contact Andrea, [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.