Are you looking for fulfillment in your work? Do you have a passion for serving others, and healing through food in the healthcare industry? If so, our Cook position is perfect for you. PeaceHealth is seeking a Cook for a Per-Diem, position.
- Union Statement: Hourly compensation is $18.30 - $31.78; hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
This position is responsible for using HACCP guidelines for safe food handling to plan, prepare and cook food according to recipe and production standards to support the hospital patients, medical staff, caregivers, volunteers and visitors.
- Accurately follow and prepare recipes.
- Prepare hot and cold food according to the recipe and following production and food styling guidelines taking into consideration customer/patient counts.
- Maintain proper food handling techniques. Properly clean and sanitize work station according to safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Organize, calculate and produce food production.
- Maintain appropriate records according to regulatory and departmental standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
- Minimum of two years’ experience as cook in a hospital or full service kitchen preferred
- Combination of experience and formal culinary training that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job will be considered.
- Valid Food Handlers Permit on file with Food Service Department
- Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and sanitation
- Ability to work well with others
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Highschool Diploma or GED
Top Reasons to work with Peace Health
- Great benefit package including excellent health benefits
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Premium reduction program (may cover the cost of premiums for your entire household)
- PeaceHealth welcomes LGBTQ+ and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed toInclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
- Non-Benefits Eligible Statement (less than 0.5 FTE and per diem):PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.