Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Building Engineer I - Facilities for a Full Time, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $35.09.
Operate, maintain, repair and improve facility and utility system equipment and systems as assigned to the facility management department.
- Complete preventive maintenance on assigned utility systems and non-medical equipment as specified in hospital procedures.
- Complete corrective maintenance including rebuilding of all equipment assigned to the facility department.
- Operate building equipment and utility systems in a manner that will optimize the provision of a code compliant, safe, comfortable and healing environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Respond to and resolve minor facility installation and repair requests for electrical, plumbing and department equipment as assigned.
- Document work on computerized work orders in such a way as to provide accurate repair and preventive maintenance history.
- Requisition, order and use maintenance and repair parts in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Coordinate, oversee and ensure outside vendor service is properly completed and meets hospital standards for repair and maintenance as assigned.
- Maintain and continually enhance operation, maintenance and repair knowledge of hospital utility systems and components, non-medical equipment and other assigned fixtures and appliances.
- Respond to and resolve alarm or emergency situations involving utility systems, life safety systems and equipment, general facility equipment including all non-medical fixtures and appliances.
- Maintain knowledge of hospital disaster, fire and hazardous material emergency processes. Actively participates in drills and critiques as well as actual emergencies.
- Maintain knowledge of current required safety practice and always perform daily work in compliance with these safety practices.
- Perform equipment in-coming inspection and installation as assigned.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Specialized training of 13 to 24 months after high school in mechanical or electrical fields.
- Associate’s degree in electrical or mechanical field of study preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience in facility maintenance.
- Basic electronic and computer systems knowledge preferred.
- Competency in operation of computerized building automation systems; knowledge of mechanical and electrical building systems; competent with power tools used in facility maintenance.
- Work constantly requires active physical exertion less than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving toxic materials or hazardous waste. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.