PeaceHealth is seeking an experienced Labor & Delivery RN for a full-time role at Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington. This is a .9 FTE working three 12-hour Nights shifts each week in our Birth Center with 32 suites. . Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
We offer you:
- Relocation assistance
- $10,000 Sign-On Bonus
- A comprehensive benefits package including Tuition Reimbursement and CE
- Hourly compensation starts at $42.59, more depending on experience, as well as additional pay for BSN, MSN and Specialty Cert.
- A hospital on the Magnet Journey
- A non-profit mission driven healthcare system
Southwest Washington Medical Center is a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital, located just across the river from the Portland [Oregon] metropolitan area. Vancouver is a great location where you can enjoy big city life or the serene countryside, with easy access to an abundance of recreational and cultural activities. Enjoy the benefit of no state income tax!
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families, and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing. Must have completed (within last two years) or completed formal fetal monitoring program within orientation period.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- This position may be for a specific business line that may require special skills, knowledge and/or experience as specified in the job posting:
- Mom-Baby/postpartum: minimum 1 year acute care nursing experience for mother/baby area.
- Mom-Baby: 6 months 2 years mother/baby nursing experience preferred.
- Labor & Delivery: Minimum 1 year labor and delivery nursing experience within last 2 years or completed a labor and delivery intern program for labor and delivery area.
- Labor & Delivery: 2 years labor and delivery nursing experience preferred.
- Lactation/Mom-Baby: Minimum 1 year postpartum experience including 90 hours of completed didactic towards IBCLC certification for mother/baby including lactation areas. (May have equivalent combination of education and/or experience for all of the above areas.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- WA State RN Licensure with Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within 60 days of hire.
- Preferred: Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO). Electronic Fetal Monitoring Certification (C-EFM) from National Certification Corporation (NCC). International Board Certification for Lactation Consultants (IBCLC).
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day (to include inclement weather).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.