Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a EMPI Data Integrity Analyst for a Full Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $21.30, more depending on experience.
Remote: Must reside in Oregon, Washington, or Alaska.
Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and maintaining patient data integrity within the EMPI for the PeaceHealth system. Includes remediation of duplicate medical record numbers, medical record overlays and assisting with correction of clinical and demographic information. Works in the EPIC applications and other legacy systems to identify data integrity issues corrects or facilitates correction of information. Responsible for maintaining patient identity integrity by using analytical and investigational skills and tools to piece together the patient identity story to ensure correction of discrepancies.
Serves as HIM subject matter expert with knowledge of all clinical modules and financial modules, creating and instructing end users on how to correct errors and other data integrity issues.
- Troubleshoots and triages chart correction requests entered in CareConnect and end user issues. Assists in the identification of workflow issues where training and additional support may be necessary Resolves complex critical errors that have the potential to impact patient safety and continuity of care or triages the error to appropriate Analysts, TSP or others.
- Understands the importance of chart correction as it relates to Patient Safety and relays the urgency to providers and team members that need to perform corrections and rates errors based on impact on patient care and privacy.
- Performs root cause analysis and auditing on significant integrity incidents and communicates to departmental supervisors and managers as needed. Provides input to TSP, managers, and end-users to correct and to minimize data integrity issues and improve data quality.
- Validates each chart correction case prior to resolution to ensure erroneous data has been corrected, corrections have been made accurately and completely to support patient safety and continuity of care. Monitors the correction process and performs audits.
- Develops and maintains policies, procedures and training material. Has a thorough understanding of policies and procedures with regards to data integrity, chart corrections, identity and medical record merges.
- Participates in system testing and implementation of software, make recommendations for improvements, implement upgrades, assists in the identification of software needs.
- Reviews, analyzes and corrects duplicate or patient identity issues and duplicate MRNs. Notifies external facilities of duplicates and surviving numbers to assure synchronization of HIE - Care Everywhere.
- Reviews, researches and resolves potential overlays of demographic information that could result in incorrect patient documentation and, or possible patient identity issues including understanding the Red Flag Rule and policy.
- Instruct patient access caregivers regarding procedures, provide managers with results of audit activity and communicate policy changes. Responds to questions from Patient Access Representatives (PARs) and acts as the content expert on the electronic health record.
- Reviews patient proxy, patient amendments, adoption processing, scanned documentation error resolution and other general chart correction tasks deemed appropriate.
- Responsible for communicating with Providers and hospital personnel with outstanding chart corrections and escalating issues to Management as needed
- Notifies HIM Systems and Process Analyst Lead of errors and potential problems and provides appropriate follow-up.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Health Information, Healthcare or related field required or a combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job
- Minimum of 3 years in-depth experience with electronic health record systems is required.
- Knowledge of Epic Identity and Chart Correction processes.
- Knowledge of Epic and Centricity.
- Familiar with system merge process.
- Courses in Medical Terminology, Anatomy/Physiology preferred.
- Analytic skills courses and experience preferred.
- Lean process improvement experience preferred.
- Epic Certified in Identity preferred.
- RHIA or RHIT preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively with clerical, technical and managerial level staff.
- Detail oriented and self-directed.
- Analytical and computer skills.
- Able to determine root cause for data integrity issues.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment with multiple interruptions.
- Ability to work extremely well and effectively with internal and external customers.
- Knowledge and ability to use PC, windows.
- Proficiency in standard software programs, i.e. Outlook, TEAMS, Word, Excel, Windows, SharePoint, and EPIC/CareConnect Dashboard tools.
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to communicate effectively with PeaceHealth caregivers, patients and providers.
SHARED SERVICES PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time)
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.