Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
We are expanding our Home & Community services in Southwest Washington and are seeking passionate caregivers to join our team and provide safe and compassionate care to our neighbors throughout Clark & Cowlitz County, Washington. We have a variety of clinical opportunities, shifts and schedules available.
Clark & Cowlitz County, located in SW Washington, is centrally located between the mountains and the ocean, with the world-renowned Columbia River Gorge in our own front yard!The temperate climate allows for year-round outdoor activity, allowing you to also optimize your health and well-being.
Responsible for carrying out the physical therapy plan of care, toward patient-specific goals, under the direct supervision of a licensed physical therapist. Provides treatment to restore function, prevent disability and assist patients to achieve optimal levels of functional status. Provides oversight to students in following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served; provides supervision to therapy aides and volunteers. Works as part of a patient care team toward the best outcomes for the patient.
- Under the supervision of the physical therapist, provides skilled physical therapy services to patients and skilled education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the plan of treatment.
- Completes documentation accurately, timely, according to regulatory and state licensure requirements, and within professional standards.
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients. May act as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
- Mentors and provides oversight to therapy aides. Provides clinical instruction and training to physical therapy assistant students.
- Recommends and participates in development of new services and programs, quality improvement and monitoring activities.
- Participates in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in-services, caregiver orientation and other professional activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a Physical Therapy Assistant associate degree program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education required.
- Specific experience in setting as described by the position posting
- Current Physical Therapy Assistant license from the State Physical Therapy Licensing Board. For positions in Oregon, a temporary permit is acceptable under the rules set forth by the Oregon State Board of Physical Therapy. A temporary permit shall be allowed for a period not to exceed three months.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to assess patients’ conditions and exercise independent judgment
PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS -SW
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.