- This is a new position, developed as part of PeaceHealth’s “Care for the Employee Caregiver” Program
- The Managing Psychologist for Wellbeing is responsible for managing the provision of mental health and wellness services for PeaceHealth’s leaders, physicians, and caregivers in PeaceHealth’s Northwest Network
- Collaboration with Mission Services to holistically meet the needs of PeaceHealth caregivers will be an essential function of this role
- Washington State Licensed Psychologist with a Doctoral degree in Psychology from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of four years of increasing responsible leadership experience in the development and/or administration of behavioral health services, including at least one year of significant responsibility for personnel and clinical services
- Minimum of five years of clinical experience with designated population. Hospital, emergency room, chemical dependency, or community agency experience preferred
- Expertise in understanding of culturally appropriate, trauma-informed care
- Expertise in the understanding of DSM-5 and experience in the implementation of evidence-based care models
- Desire to provide leadership, program development, and clinical supervision to a team of licensed mental health clinicians who are responsible for the provision of exceptional, trauma-informed, and evidence-based care
- Ability to facilitate a precise approach to mental health, providing PeaceHealth caregivers with the right mental health care from the start, with solutions ranging from sub-clinical to deeply clinical
- Experience in conducting clinical interventions as needed through psychological screening, individual and group therapy, coaching, consultation, and potential triage to outside agencies
- Experience and alignment with a culture of collaborative leadership and the ability to balance reflective and directive leadership styles
- Knowledge of community resources, knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and insurance requirements relative to continuity of care
- Experience with EPIC EMR
Bellingham, WA is the perfect blend of endless outdoor recreation, urban living, strong schools, great shopping & cuisine, and so much more! These amenities are surrounded by incredible scenery, from the sea to the mountains and the rainforest, making this community an amazing place to live. Head to Mount Baker for a day in the snow. Tour the San Juan Islands by sea kayak or sailboat. Trek the North Cascades on foot. Stay in town to explore the shops and cafes of historic Fairhaven and Downtown and then catch a show at Mount Baker Theater – you can do it all in Bellingham!
PeaceHealth has been serving the communities of northwest Washington since 1890 with PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center, now a 253-bed, two-campus hospital providing a Level II Trauma Center and a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. PeaceHealth's Whatcom Region also includes the comprehensive heart care services of the Cardiovascular Center at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center as well as the primary and specialty care provided by PeaceHealth Medical Group.
PeaceHealth offers outstanding Benefits!
Contact: Sharon Thompson, CPRP / Physician & Provider Recruiter / [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.