Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a per diem Orthopedic Technician for a day shift position. Hourly compensation starts at $23.42, more depending on experience.
The Orthopedic Technician is responsible for applying and removing orthopedic appliances including casts, splints and braces. Educates patients on proper care and application of appliances.
- Coordinates and schedules surgery procedures with physicians, hospital surgery scheduling, managed care and patient.
- Applies and removes orthopedic appliances including casts, splints and braces.
- Education patient on proper care and application.
- Evaluates patients who present problems with casts or splints. Makes appropriate modifications or adjustments.
- May assist physician with pin removal, incision and drainage, setting fractures, joint injections, and other procedures as required and within scope.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years cast room experience preferred.
- Knowledge of sterile technique and of orthopedic supplies preferred.
- NBCOT (National Board for the Certification of Orthopedic Technologists) certification preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Experience with relevant PC applications required including basic skills with MS Office applications.
- Ability to use office equipment and phone systems.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.