PeaceHealth Southwest is seeking an Inpatient Rehab Physical Therapist.
Our Inpatient Rehab unit is a 14-bed (all private rooms) newly remodeled, hospital-based physical rehabilitation program specifically designed to help patients become as independent as possible following an injury or illness.
You will join a multidisciplinary team (including MD, rehab nursing, case management and therapy disciplines) that work towards the common goal of maximizing function for safe community discharge.
Patients with primary neurologic or medical complex diagnoses receive at least three hours of therapy five to six days a week, which can include physical, occupational, and speech therapies based on individualized need. Our staff of 10 therapists provides excellent professional collaboration.
Why Choose Rehab at PeaceHealth Southwest?
- Acute inpatient rehabilitation unit established in 1993
- CARF accredited since 1996
- CARF Stroke Specialty Program Designation since 2005
- Level II trauma rehabilitation designation
- Comprehensive rehabilitation continuum
- Specialized physician certification in rehabilitation medicine and brain injury
Responsible for the evaluation of patients, determining plan-of-care and goals of treatment, participating in treatment of patients within the scope of Physical Therapy. May provide oversight to therapy assistants and/or students in following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served; may provide supervision to therapy aides and/or volunteers. Works as part of a patient care team toward the best outcomes for the patient.
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes a treatment plan and goals, using data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, observation, and team members.
- Completes patient treatment according to plan of care and modifies plan to meet patient needs, and updates plan as appropriate.
- Completes documentation accurately, timely, according to regulatory and state licensure requirements, and within professional standards.
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients. May act as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
- May mentor and provide oversight to new caregivers, physical therapist assistants, and/or therapy aides. Provides clinical instruction and training to students.
- Recommends and participates in development of new services and programs, quality improvement and monitoring activities.
- Participates in staff meetings, patient care meetings, educational in-services, caregiver orientation and other professional activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate from a Physical Therapy program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education required.
- Specific experience in setting as described by the position posting
- Current Physical Therapist license from the State Physical Therapy Licensing Board required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to assess patients’ conditions and exercise independent judgment
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center: May be required to cover as an Admission Coordinator/Rehab PPS Coordinator
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS: Per Diem
- Work requires active physical exertion 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.