This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 14639
Location: Springfield, OR
Work Type: Full Time
Shift Length: Variable
Benefit Eligibility: Full-time benefits
As part of PeaceHealth’s Care for the Employee Caregiver Program, the Managing Psychologist for Wellbeing is responsible for managing the provision of mental health and wellness services for PeaceHealth’s leaders, physicians, and caregivers in Eugene & Springfield, Oregon. The Managing Psychologist for Well-Being provides leadership, program development, and clinical supervision to a team of licensed mental health clinicians who are responsible for the provision of exceptional, trauma-informed, and evidence-based care. Responsible for facilitating a precision approach to mental health, which provides PeaceHealth caregivers with the right mental health care from the start, with solutions ranging from sub-clinical to deeply clinical. Conducts clinical interventions as needed through psychological screening, individual and group therapy, coaching, consultation, and potential triage to outside agencies. Collaboration with Mission Services to holistically meet the needs of PeaceHealth caregivers will be an essential function of this role.
1. Demonstrates PeaceHealth’s mission, purpose, and core values in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders.
2. Acts as the clinical authority of the program and establishes clinical systems and standards of care from a culturally accountable and trauma informed clinical lens.
3. Maintains proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and systems to meet and exceed the clinical and financial goals of the clinic/program.
4. Manages mental health staff, assigns tasks, schedules, approves time off, and provides training, direction, performance evaluations, and performance-related coaching as appropriate.
5. Continually communicates key stakeholders to ensure the continuity of care for persons served.
6. Ensures program functions smoothly within PeaceHealth’s larger Wellbeing Model, and maintains relationships across all related programs.
7. Oversees documentation by clinical staff and is responsible for the adherence to professional and state documentation requirements. Provides regular clinical supervision and evaluation of assigned staff. Conducts and facilitates regular meetings and huddles with staff to ensure efficient flow of information and to recognize and resolve organization or procedural problems in a timely manner.
8. Maintains current knowledge of all matters related to program operations, including (but not limited to) confidentiality protocols, and disseminates information to staff on a regular and timely basis, providing training in these areas to newly hired staff and serving as a resourse and facilitator for ongoing training to existing staff.
9. Collaborates with Human Resources specific to coaching requests and performance improvement measures.
10. Provides direct services to PeaceHealth leaders, physicians, and caregivers via consultation, coaching, short-term individual and group therapy.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Doctoral degree in Psychology from an accredited college or university.
Eugene/Springfield, Oregon ranked 9th on the Livability Top 100 Best Places to Live. Come experience the wide array of restaurants, visit the fermentation district, and entertainment venues that make Eugene a true urban playground. Eugene boasts cultural amenities typical of larger cities, from the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art to the world-famous Oregon Bach Festival. Eugene is home to the University of Oregon Ducks! Historic Hayward field will host the Olympic Trials in 2021, NCAA Track & Field Championships, and the World Athletics Championships in 2022. The area offers outdoor produce markets, abundant parks, camping, hiking, wine tasting, and natural beauty. It truly is a place to experience and love!
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend is a state-of-the-art regional medical center. On the leading edge of evidence-based hospital design, and creating a patient-centered, healing environment with a strong focus on quality clinical outcomes and patient safety.
For information, contact Dorothy Reed, Sr. Provider Recruiter:
Email: [email protected]
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.