Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Sterile Processing Assistant for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $17.85, more depending on experience.
Continuously exemplifies the mission, values and customer service philosophy of PeaceHealth in job performance and in relationships to others. This position is responsible for the cleaning, decontamination, and sterilization of instruments and supplies.
- Cleans, decontaminates instrumentation and supplies.
- Collects, disassembles, cleans and disinfects instrumentation used in procedures.
- Reassembles instruments and packages appropriately.
- Operates a variety of disinfecting equipment.
- Monitors and documents sterilization parameters.
- Cleans and maintains department equipment.
- Understands and applies the principles of asepsis in sterile processing work.
- Restocks work areas and delivers instrumentation to appropriate departments.
- Provides excellent customer service and participates in the performance improvement activities.
- Participates in staff education and department meetings.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous hospital or patient care experience is preferred.
- Medical terminology is preferred.
- Ability to coordinate activities and work collaboratively with others is required.
- Basic computer skill is required.
- Well organized, detailed oriented and self-motivated is required.
- Ability to utilize computers for email, training records and completing on-line education.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin and lung irritants, extreme cold or heat, sharp instruments or dangerous equipment; reasonable anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Ability to push and pull carts that weigh up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to stand on feet for the duration of any scheduled shift.
- Requires high level of dexterity.
- Ability to stoop and bend consistently without restrictions.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.