Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Radiation Therapist for a Per Diem/Relief, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $41.49, more depending on experience.
Responsible for the accurate treatment, simulation, and dosimetry of patients undergoing ionizing radiation treatment in accordance with standards of practice.
- Administers prescribed doses of radiation to specific body parts using Linear Accelerator Equipment according to the established practices and Standards.
- Performs dosimetric calculations under the supervision of a physicist or dosimetrist, using either manual or computerized dose calculations.
- Assists with Brachytherapy procedures.
- Warms up treatment machines/simulator and checks all safety and operational procedures; reports any erratic operation to the physicist
- Checks the laser positioning to ensure proper alignment.
- Verifies dose through barometer and thermometer measurements; reports any discrepancies to physicist.
- Follows Principles of Radiation Protection for patient, self, and others. Adhere to ALARA and other radiation safety requirements.
- Positions Patients utilizing correct patient immobilization devices with accuracy according to simulation/prescription.
- Adheres to Radiation Therapist Code of Ethics.
- May train & supervise students or subordinate Radiation Therapists.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of an accredited Radiation Therapy course approved by ARRT program (AAS)
- Current American Registry of Radiograph Technology (ARRT) – Radiation Therapy Certification
- WA State Radiologic Technologist license
- Current AHA BLS Health Care provider card
- Prior experience preferred.
- Competent in treatment planning and dosimetry
- Maintain quality assurance programs in accordance with departmental policy.
- Strong customer service skills; treat patients with empathy and respect.
- Demonstrated skills in use of computers and treatment programs
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift/move objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work may require frequent exposure to toxic materials or hazardous waste. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.