PeaceHealth is seeking a Dir Service Line Behavioral Health for a Full Time, Day position.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date.
Serves as the network’s Behavioral Health leader responsible for promoting and implementing trauma informed, evidence-based, whole person, integrated behavioral health care across the continuum. The position includes clinical model development and implementation, business development and growth, compliance with quality and regulatory bodies, establishing and maintaining good stakeholder and community relationships, as well as providing clinical and administrative oversight of clinical leaders and staff. Responsible for input into the development and implementation of the overall Service Line’s strategic planning and growth. Responsible for organizational viability by creating and maintaining financially viable and clinically effective programs and operations.
Oversees a clinical leadership team across the continuum of care, including Behavioral Health integration in Primary and Specialty Care, Outpatient Mental Health Services, Acute Care, and Inpatient Services. The position reports directly to the System Director of Behavioral Health Service Line, while also exercising considerable independent judgement.
- Plans, develops, implements and evaluates trauma informed, evidence-based patient care programs, services and practice models including identification of business objectives, capital and other resource needs, expected operating revenues and expenses, allocation of space and organization of program personnel and other operation components.
- Provides leadership in collaboration with physician dyad partner for operational effectiveness, clinical excellence and personnel management. Supervises clinical leads and staff for assigned services and programs across multiple geographies and multiple departments. Leads all hospital behavioral health-related services and co-leads all assigned/associated PHMG clinics.
- Creates and monitors infrastructure, systems, processes and standards to achieve desired outcomes in collaboration with medical directors, leadership, department chairs and medical staff.
- Provides fiscal and business planning that promotes revenue enhancements and cost efficiency. Develops, implements and monitors operating and capital budgets.
- Develops strategic and long-range plans for the effective implementation and operation of specific patient care programs and associated activities in collaboration with system service line leaders.
- Directs recruitment, training and evaluation of personnel in a manner that encourages and maintains diversity and cultural competence and accountability. Establishes work plans and priorities for caregivers and take corrective action as needed in collaboration with hospitals and PHMG.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities within all sectors of care delivery (primary care, specialty, hospital, schools, home health) for effective integration of evidence-based, high quality behavioral health services, and lead transition to, and increased participation in, value-based integrated care models.
- Implements and supports clinical processes that assure evidence-based care and patient safety.
- Ensures regulatory compliance for all areas of responsibility. Monitors, communicates and works to improve patient, physician and staff satisfaction.
- Represents the network service line on the applicable System Operating Council (OC) and works with other system OC members to plan, develop, implement and evaluate new patient care programs and practice models including identification of clinical objectives, capital and other resource requirements, expected operating revenues and expenses, allocation of space and organization of program personnel and other operation components.
- In alignment with established strategic initiatives; creates effective outreach programs in order to meet the needs of patients in secondary and tertiary market areas.
- Provides leadership in collaboration with physician dyad partner to support continuous improvement efforts that promote clinical excellence, revenue enhancement and cost efficiency. Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships.
- Assists clinical team in crisis situations as appropriate, stepping in to provide trauma informed clinical interventions in coordination with the treatment team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited university required.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in behavioral health services required.
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical supervisory and administrative management experience required.
- Experience in developing successful and collaborative working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to build a collaborative, clinically effective team environment
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Ability to be flexible, lead change, remain current with healthcare environment changes and translate those changes into operational plans to discern and interpret the potential impact on assigned departments/communities.
- Proven background in cultural competence/accountability to multicultural populations and issues
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Experience in developing successful working relationships at all levels of the organization.
PHMG - PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.